At what rpm does your auto trans shift??

-

5.7 hemi

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just put a tune from my hyperpac, 91 octane, 128 speed limit, firmer shifting and raised the rpm's by 300. I noticed shifting from first to second, it shifts around 4600. Seems to me it should shift around 5800 to 6000.

My rear gears are 3.91 and the tires are 28 inches tall. Am I missing something here or is this "normal"?

No one using the 545rfe trans?

5.7 hemi, 545rfe trans, 3.91 rear gears, 28 inch tall rear tires. All stock motor and trans. Does that help?

That definitely seems low to me compared to my 04 Durango. Does your programmer allow you to adjust the tire size and rear end ratio programmed into the computer? I don't have my Duster on the road yet to offer much more help.

Seems the 03 computers have everyone stumped when it come to programming. If you got an 04 and up, your golden. So the short answer is no, the programmer wont adjust for tire size, gear ratio, shift points, blah blah blah. Screw it, I'll just drive it and enjoy, and if the trans takes a ****, I'll get an 05 computer, harness and another trans built by Sharadon.

Sorry, it just erks me to no end that the 03's are left out of everything, but they are the ones that set the bar that every truck manufacturer was trying to beat.

Man relax. No it's not right the stock shift point should be 5800. Remove the hyperjunk and see if the shiftpoint comes back. If it does you know the issue if not try resetting the PCM. (remove power from it wait 30secones and reconnect) and see if it came back. I have found that the hyperjunk will fry a PCM. I lost one to that pile. So did several of my friends. If thatsyour issue let me know and I can set you up with the correct parts for an 04up

Sorry about the rant, I was pissed with myself cause of all the blood and sweat put into this thing, and it not getting high enough in the rpm's when stomping on it. I'll take out the hyperpac tune and see what it does.

I started this project way before it really caught on and the 03 eng/trans/computers were the only things available, that should give ya an idea of how long I've been working on this.

Got some good news. Turns out the 03 tcm has torque management and it can be bypassed by pulling out 1 wire and you get solid shifts, firmer shifts at wot. While this does nothing to help the shift points, it will get me by for awhile. This only works on the 03's, 04 and up as I understand it, cant be done cause of the single computer.

Got some good news. Turns out the 03 tcm has torque management and it can be bypassed by pulling out 1 wire and you get solid shifts, firmer shifts at wot. While this does nothing to help the shift points, it will get me by for awhile. This only works on the 03's, 04 and up as I understand it, cant be done cause of the single computer.

keep at it zak

The good ol' TCM trick. I thought that was common knowledge. Guess not. Had I known you were not aware of it I would have told you a long time ago. Guess that's what happens when you forget that not everyone is familiar with the ram.

-
Back