Attaching a Rotisserie

-

scuba0331

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Direct Lift Rotisserie for my duster. I have never attadched a car to a Rotisserie.

Can someone give me some pointers on how to attach the car to the rotisserie so when I roll the car over it won't fall on the roof?!

Any assistance will be appreciated.

I have a 69 barracuda on one right know. Its bolted on where the bumpers where. I guess you know you have to offset the pivot up to ballance it.It would be better bottom heavy than top. I will dig up some pitchers and offset measurements for you.I use a cumalong for a hold back to prevent an overhall. once you establish ballance you can take it off if you want.

mine is presently a little top heavy' i would offset it a little more than mine.it is 4inchs frome center of bump bracket bolts in front and 2 inchs in the back to the cent of the roticery pivot

P1000299 (Medium) (Small).JPG

P1000301 (Small).JPG

P1000301 (Small) (2).JPG

Mine is (was) attached pretty much like Cudaman's:
C

Aug29,2007 037.jpg

Aug29,2007 038.jpg

Aug29,2007 046.jpg

Thanks for the pictures that is great. I appreciate you helping me out.

May I ask where you got it and what one costs?

I got mine off of Ebay but it was from Greg Smith Direct Lift. It also came with all different brackets which are sold separately.

I won the bid for $905 and it was $120 to ship. It was a very smooth transaction. I could've had it shipped to my house but I opted to pick it up at the terminal so I could put it on my trailer. The last time I had somthing big shipped to my house it didn't work out to well.

C

Attaching the rear of the rotisserie has me stumped.

Did you attach directly to the rear valiance? Or do you have it braced to the sub-frame? I looked like to me if I was to attach to the rear valiance it wouldn't be strong enough as it looks like just sheet metal to me.

I was going to fab up a plate that would attach to the rear spring hangers.

I over anlyze stuff as I have not done this before. Just don't want to car to end on its roof!

Awsome pictures from both of you that I appreciate!

Thank you,

I looked at it again and I see you piece of angle iron going up behind where the spring hanger is!

Sorry. I didn't see it the first time.

Now that looks strong!!!!!!!!!

C

How was it getting setup with the front suspnsion still on? Looks like it might take some effort not to mention when it comes time to spin the car around. BTW: You folks out there sure do get dressed up for power washing the bottom side of a car. ;)

Maybe these photos of my setup will help a little. On the back, you can see the steel plates with the large bolts through the bumper mount holes. On the inside of the holes I used large, thick washers, then lock washers and nuts. The front pieces just bolt in to the original from bumper bracket mounting holes.

P5280012 (Small).JPG

P5280013 (Small).JPG

P5290019 (Small).JPG

18Nov06_02 (Small)[1].JPG

the only affect the suspension has is it changes the center of gravity a little. for me the hardest part is getting it up high enough and that wasent that bad. just jack and block jack and block. its best to make it just a little bottem heavy. that way it fails right side up. and if you do like i did i took the suspenshion of sidewase it wont get to top heavy.

you may have noticed i used two cumalongs to turn the car. one for hold back one to turn. that way it cant run away and it doesnt have to be perfectly ballanced. you can add or remove heavy components without any danger.

you may have noticed i used two cumalongs to turn the car. one for hold back one to turn. that way it cant run away and it doesnt have to be perfectly ballanced. you can add or remove heavy components without any danger.

That's a wise way to turn/stabilize it cudaman.

I have a rotisserie design question: is it necessary to have the two trundles connected by that very long section of tube steel? Would the concept still work if you had three casters farther apart on each trundle to give stability? I ask because I plan on building something on the latter concept this summer.

you may have noticed on my first pitchers my stands wernt conected. but it wasent on wheels. i had a fairly large base. i was going to put the wheels on without tieing it together but i chickend out. i think i could have goten away with it on a smooth surface with gracefull movements but i have already made enough mistakes and it was simple to tie it together so i got a garentee.

no. i thought the moter section would flex but it didnt at all. I measherd the tram points and it stayed purfectly squar.

heys guys i saw someone make a set up for truning the car he took a boat whench and made a bracket to hook it to the stand the took an old car rim and welled it to the the pipe that turns... run a cable around the rimand the whench a few time now when he turns the crank on the whench it turns the car and whit the lock on the whench he can stop it anywhere he likes im sure it wasn't that hard to make

-
Back