Aussie Valiant finally finished....

-

roarz

Reaction score
Back when I first joined I had some pictures of my Valiant on its way to be fitted with its new motor and painted. Finally have got the car road registered, but I continue to fiddle, as this build has taken me about ten years, and what seemed like a good idea years ago is crap now, or what worked in my head, turned out to be a failure in practice.But tons of enjoyment in refining the car, as now when you make a change, you can test it out and see the result.Great feeling to finally rumble down the road, rides rough, exhaust to noisy, but oh what a feeling. Yeah, I know some will bag the idea of an alternate engine, but it's the body shape and style that attracted me to this model in the first place, so regardless of what pushes it down the road, its still a Mopar, so alls good.

DSCN1700.jpg

DSCN1701.jpg

DSCN1702.jpg

DSCN1704.jpg

DSCN1707.jpg

DSCN1708.jpg

DSCN1710.jpg

DSCN1703.jpg

Man I was loving the crap out of your car until I got a good look at the motor. Brand X:angry7:

Is that a Che... Chev.... I can't say it.

Cool car otherwise. 8)

Great looking car. (GM makes a great engine, don't worry about the Nay Sayers)

I don't agree with cross breeding but the car is very well put together and you spent alot of time making it look clean under the hood. I like it and as long as you like it that is all that matters. Nice car.

I love a nice tough looking VE, dash looks cool and the idea of the gauges in the ashtray opening is a good one too. You're right though, some will bag the engine - after all, it can't be all Mopar if it's not Mopar powered. But your car to do with as you please ...

16" ford centres, welded into 7" (front) and 8" (rear) blanks. I machined the front bearing carrier to except the 72 mm bore of the ford centre, and drilled it to take 1/2 studs. That allowed me to use the caps that come on aussie fords, mainly taxis and police cars and commercials. I just had a Mopar M decal made and stuck it on the cap.

Better view of the wheel, this should have been attached to the original reply

DSCN1638.jpg

My son painted the car, we did the roof a darker than the body as down low on a body the flake won't "pop", unless in extremely bright sunlight. The roof looks a few shades lighter in the sun when the flake (HOK blue flake) really lights up. The dash and door tops, are a different shade of blue, but with the same flake added to the clear . The pictures show the the effect when in the direct sun. I'm a bit "old schoolish" when it comes to vehicle finishes.

DSCN1634.jpg

DSCN1643.jpg

The blue VE looks pretty cool to, I see you are located in Brissie, I'm on the Gold Coast. The "boat anchor" got the nod because I was originally going to just drag the car, and the chev was the most economical engine to build, but halfway through a long build, realised it would be more fun to have a cool street car and just go to the occasional nostalgia event.

Sorry to be harsh mate, i think its a fantastic car, but i'm Mopar to the bone and i know what its like to pay more for mopar bits. Even for racing i couldn't go past Mopar either, But its your car and well done for finishing it !

V8 val Don't know if you went to the hot rod show at the RNA ground over the Queens birthday long weekend, but on the Rebels car club stand was a AP6 with a 308. Street maching/car crafting/hotrodding..... whatever we call it, make your own rules, keep some individuality.

-
Back