Auto to 4 Speed Conversion.....

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
What I'm wondering is if anyone can give some clear and detailed instructions on how to perform an Auto to 4 speed conversion in our A-Body's......??

Perhaps there's an illustrated instruction available, or maybe we could get some good input here in this forum.

Good 4 speed cars are harder to find and getting more expensive..... I'm sure a number of A-Body guys could use some details and experienced input about this type of swap, including any snags they'll run into along the way.

Complete kits are available, but seem to lack in experienced overview and instruction in making the swaps a reality for the enthusiast.

Any help out there? I have one I'd like to do myself, but I need a bit more education in the specifics from someone who knows the score.

Thanks.................. Doc

My dad and I changed my scamp over from auto (904) to 4 speed and just recently back to a auto. Bought changeover parts from a guy parting out a car. Dropped in motor and trans and took measurements for the hump and clutch linkage.Since I had a 904 the driveshaft worked and trans cross member lined up. If you have a 727 you will have to shorten driveshaft.

-
Back