Auto-X / Roadrace rear suspension 1969 Valiant

All out Auto-X/ RR rear suspension choices

• XV 3-link

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
-
I know this one goes back a few years, but did you ever end up moving forward with a rear system....

I did not. If you have some fab skills, the Detroit Speed Gen X kit is the nicest thing going for the rear. If interested, I am a dealer.

I wonder if the OP ever thought about the Chevy pickup truck suspension that NASCAR used for so many years. It is a simple trailing arm type of suspension with coil springs. It works for those guys so I'd think it would work for him.

fan of the multi-adjustable 4-bar with panard bar. 69 Dart 6.4 GenIII / 8HP70 / build

20240410_111657.jpg

Did you build that yourself or is it a back half kit from a chassis shop…either way it is very nice

Did you build that yourself or is it a back half kit from a chassis shop…either way it is very nice

Thanks, I've done several.

They are semi custom...... Competition Engineering components (from Summit) Universal rear rails, ( modified) 4-bar brackets brackets , crossmember. I do the lay-out, HDK fab guy welds it in after test fit.

I wonder if the OP ever thought about the Chevy pickup truck suspension that NASCAR used for so many years. It is a simple trailing arm type of suspension with coil springs. It works for those guys so I'd think it would work for him.

This is how the car currently is. I got screwed by a chassis shop and now I’m just trying to sort out my priorities.
The project might be dead in the water.
IMG_8382.jpeg

Yeah, projects like that often go sideways. They are just so much work that it is hard to find someone who will take it on and do the job correctly without charging a fortune. I work with a local chassis shop who is fast and cheap but sometimes he takes shortcuts that I don't like. But, there really isn't anyone else who I'd trust to build a car for me so you work with what you have.

There is plenty of info out there, do some research on exactly what you are looking for. You will likely find the basics are simple and you end up knowing more than the self proclaimed "experts"

20240428_120651.jpg

-
Back