Autocross style wheel and tire combo

-

Velocity111

Reaction score
ive done the searches, but haven't found what I'm looking for, hence this thread. This winter I'm going to do the HDK front end, disk conversion, etc. and want to go with the 2" drop spindles and larger wheels with flatter rubber for that Autocorss style look. What I cannot seem to find in any info on possible wheel and tire combos for that look?

Any recommendations, websites, forums, info on any kind is appreciated. Thanks!

Hello Velocity
I am in the process of doing the same thing with my Scamp and i have had good luck in both forums of suspension/steering and wheels, tires, hubcaps too on this site right here and if you dont find what your looking for try googling Pro Touring Mopar and click on the images tab and if you see a car you like click on the photo and it should take you to the website that posted the photo and you should find what you are looking for that way. At least that is what i have been doing and i have found a lot of good info. I have even expanded my searches to Pro touring muscle cars, doing this led me to a great article on how to properly measure for wheel and tire fitment and that was in a super Chevy magazine. good luck to you sir.

DC - thanks for the feedback, will good look and see what I can find. Have you come across any combos so far that you're interested in?

I am going with a hybrid pro touring/ classic road racing look and the wheels I am going with is from a company called ET wheels and the style that cranks my cookie is the LT-III wheel in an 17 by 8 size and a 245 40 17 tire, I know for a pro touring car that size is kinda small but i like to modify my cars in a way that will allow me to return to stock if i wanted to so no cutting and welding for me. the wheel styling is reminiscent of a late 60’s Trans-Am wheel form the Donhue/Penske cars. I also like the American racing torque thrust wheel the only problem with those is they are VERY popular AKA everybody has them, another place to look for wheels is a company called Vintage wheel works they are kinda limited on styles (only have five) but what they do have looks good. US mags is another company that has a ton of styles, and to me they have taken a lot of older style and remade them into big diameter wheels for the pro touring crowd, one in particular is the Rambler wheel that is the wheel i was going to go with till i found ET wheels.

I am going with a hybrid pro touring/ classic road racing look and the wheels I am going with is from a company called ET wheels and the style that cranks my cookie is the LT-III wheel in an 17 by 8 size and a 245 40 17 tire, I know for a pro touring car that size is kinda small but i like to modify my cars in a way that will allow me to return to stock if i wanted to so no cutting and welding for me. the wheel styling is reminiscent of a late 60’s Trans-Am wheel form the Donhue/Penske cars. I also like the American racing torque thrust wheel the only problem with those is they are VERY popular AKA everybody has them, another place to look for wheels is a company called Vintage wheel works they are kinda limited on styles (only have five) but what they do have looks good. US mags is another company that has a ton of styles, and to me they have taken a lot of older style and remade them into big diameter wheels for the pro touring crowd, one in particular is the Rambler wheel that is the wheel i was going to go with till i found ET wheels.

Thanks for the info, sounds like you're farther down the road than I am. My ride will still need to be streetable, so while I'm trying for the look, I don't plan on going as extreme as possible.

Full GTS suspension front and rear. 285/30/R18 up front 305/30/R19 out back. These are VMR 810s.

IMG_4597.JPG

My front wheels are 9.5" 35mm offset, no rolling fenders, no rubbing, no problems. I'm really happy.

Thanks rocco been a long road to get it on the street again. I still have a few kinks to iron out.

My front wheels are 9.5" 35mm offset, no rolling fenders, no rubbing, no problems. I'm really happy.

Oh that makes sense, I didn't even check the tire height. That's only a 24.8" tall tire. My 275/35/18's are 25.6" tall and probably only a couple tenths narrower.

Correct and we've talked about this before. I can fit a 275/35/R18 but opted for the wider tire because America.

Bent - that's the look I'm also shooting for - very nice!! One other question on your spindles, and they stock height or 2" dropped?

On second look, I also really like the front lower louver, reminds me of the one I had on my 68' Mercury Cougar. Is that for the Dart or for another car you just made work on the Dart? Where did you get it from?

I'm running 2" dropped spindles. The chin spoiler is a piece I made custom for the car.

Thank you! No hijack intended! Good luck with your build, make it yours.

Hello Velocity
I am in the process of doing the same thing with my Scamp and i have had good luck in both forums of suspension/steering and wheels, tires, hubcaps too on this site right here and if you dont find what your looking for try googling Pro Touring Mopar and click on the images tab and if you see a car you like click on the photo and it should take you to the website that posted the photo and you should find what you are looking for that way. At least that is what i have been doing and i have found a lot of good info. I have even expanded my searches to Pro touring muscle cars, doing this led me to a great article on how to properly measure for wheel and tire fitment and that was in a super Chevy magazine. good luck to you sir.
You had me scared there for a minute...but im on my phone and mistook your avatar for someone else (someone who's wheels look ALL business and match myour Idea of looking all business)

I was about to cry thinking of that car with wagon wheels

Carry on

Yes, I used the US cartool kit but If I were to do it again I would just roll my own using new inner wheel houses.

The member GMachineDartGT has a real nice Dart set up for going round corners. Maybe he will chime in or look him up.

Last edited:
-
Back