autolite plugs

-

Bickel Motors

Reaction score
Does anyone use Autolite plugs in their big block iron heads. If so, which one? I use NGK now. Would like to switch to colder plug. Using B-4 NGK.

It's been some years, my brother had a fairly strong 383 with iron heads. That motor ate autolite plugs........... Only thing he could keep in it were NGK's. I run them in my edie headed small block now.. I'd stick with them and move to a colder plug..

Bob

Autolite - AR73 (Racing Plug)- or Autolite 4275 (yep, it is a motorcycle plug), Change them every 30 runs............

I ran 85 Autolites in my 440 Scamp for years, Ran 6.40's. for 3 seasons as a mater of fact. A engine will not "eat" plugs without an other problem. Detonation, extremely lean or Another reason.

My son swears by the Autolites plugs and runs them in his modified car,
Not sure what temp he runs , But I do remember him sending me to NAPA for a set and said just make sure they don't sell me Champions :dontknow:

Thanks for your input guys. I found that NGK B7S & B8S plugs are cross to Autolites. I have always had good luck with NGK plugs, so going to stay with them. Have several buds who swear by Autolite, and others in the NGK camp.If this switch doesn't work, then Autolites it is.

I used Autolite plugs, exclusivly, since the 1960's, in everything. I now use NGK, since I noticed on the Autolite box "made in China". Nuff said.

I used Autolite plugs, exclusivly, since the 1960's, in everything. I now use NGK, since I noticed on the Autolite box "made in China". Nuff said.
Thank you :cheers: NGK's for me for know on 8)
I never new 8)8)8)

Not all Autolites are made in China, but most are. I went so far as to call the company customer service dept, and voice my opinion, of their "taking money out of the product". I for one am willing to pay more for quality, and chinese made products are a crap shoot, quality wise. I have gotten into the habit, of looking at the packaging of everything I buy, to see the country of manufacture, and opt for "other then China", where possible.

PS: "assembled in the USA", is not the same as "made in the USA". If it is assembled with Chinese made junk parts, it is still junk.

I tried Autolites once in my 383.They lasted about 300 miles.I have always used Champion and never had any troubles with them.
Jim

-
Back