Automatic Shifter A Body or B Body or???

-

davescuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is a difference in A Body and B Body automatic shifters or is it a year change for both. As you can see one is less bent.
Thanks

IMG_9941.jpeg

Check part #s that would tell if its the same part for both applications

I believe that to be the case?? I have one like that as well. It came with a chrome knob and an oval tunnel/rubber boot. I believe it to be from a B body, but then again, I am unfamiliar with anything pre 1970 in the A body line up.

I'm doing an A body console install and that looks to be an A body shifter. Prior to 70 they used a chrome ball and later was a wood grain ball. My shifter for the A has the more predominate angle as the one closer has. I just bought a repro and there are no numbers on it.

My A body shifter is identical to the bottom one. Both the original and the repro are the same as that one.

Here's a picture of an original A body console shifter. Repro is exactly the same. This is 70 and up.

DSCN7692.JPG

As I continue with the console install, I noticed Year One had the repro plastic lens with the Park, Reverse and etc. for $44. i added it to my cart and shipping was $22. It's 1 1/4" X 5" and weighs next to nothing. I know shipping costs are high, but this is beyond absurd. A mailer bag probably for $ 3.00.

I looked in the 1968 parts book and all have same part number A,B and C. So I wonder if its a year change?

Above photo is in my '70 Fury. It's the original shifter. If there is a year/body change most likely it occurred for 1969 with the updated/new fuselage C-bodys.

-
Back