automatic trans floor shifters

-
My friend drag races all the time and uses the quicksilver very nice looking. Doesanyone no if thesewill work with a benchseat?

I agree the cable routing on the Turbo Action shifter is much better since it comes out the back but to say Hurst and B&M are garbage is wrong. Just another example of how "if you don't own what I do yours is garbage" methodology. My Quicksilver operates very smooth. Just took a little more work getting the cable routed safely past the headers. For the $150 I saved it was worth the extra 30 minutes of work.

not at all. i have run hurst shifters in the past, and driven cars with B&M shifters in them multiple times bith ratchet and non ratchet. my opinion after installing and using the TA shifter and seeing the quality difference between them first hand is that B&M and hurst is garbage. no one said you had to agree with me.

Don't know about the quicksilver, I run the Hurst promatic 2 with a bench no problems. Just make sure the seat is in place and adjusted to your liking, mark the spot and go for it.

Attachments

• shifter center.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 382
I love those, but if you race at a NHRA sanctioned track, they may not recognize it as NHRA legal because of the reverse lockout deal. I know they have one, but I have seen people trailered and told it was not enough. I have had several though and never seen one fail.
wow did not know that SS, see you being gone, we (almost) lost a fountain of info, glad your back!!!

wow did not know that SS, see you being gone, we (almost) lost a fountain of info, glad your back!!!

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah...one of the trailered cars was me and my 71 R/T Charger. We stood there and argued with that tech idiot for an hour and watched them pass chebbies and phords with factory shifters right and left but not mine. That car was fast, so we figured somebody got to the guy and spotted him a hun or sumffin. No tellin really.

Don't know about the quicksilver, I run the Hurst promatic 2 with a bench no problems. Just make sure the seat is in place and adjusted to your liking, mark the spot and go for it.

That one looks good but I like the regular/ratchet shifter
Does urs have the ratchet choice or just regular

Here's a picture of the Cheetah shifter I installed in the consol of my 67 FB. Everything about this shifter was a plus. You get what you pay for.

Attachments

• 2011 Cuda pictures 014.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 390
Here's a picture of the Cheetah shifter I installed in the consol of my 67 FB. Everything about this shifter was a plus. You get what you pay for.

I have to admit, yours looks nice. I first got mine in 1987. They were new to the market then. We always attended the annual manufacturer's show at Speed Distributors in Atlanta every year. That's where they were bein showcased. I got mine with the huge mafungo hermorphodite console it came with at the time. It was hideous. They have a console for them still, but those first ones were god awful stupid. because of the console, I never really liked the shifter either.

No wonder hurst shifters improved so much. lol

Hemroid I love that shifter was that hard to do, I havesame interior almost as you do?

Stay sway from all that hurst and b&m garbage.

Really Joe?!? Hurst makes bad shifters?!? I have been running a Pro-Matic 2 for a couple of years now and haven't had a lick of trouble out of it. I got it for $40 at a swap meet also

sept09038Medium.jpg

Really Joe?!? Hurst makes bad shifters?!? I have been running a Pro-Matic 2 for a couple of years now and haven't had a lick of trouble out of it. I got it for $40 at a swap meet also

sept09038Medium.jpg

How many times do you get in and still grab that column shifter? LOL

Not too often. Right now, there's NO column in the car. Getting ready to put this one in...

column014Medium.jpg

what did you do to the factory shifter mounting brkts under the console ?
did you cut them out or was your car not factory equiped with console

Had a B&M for a while, hated it. Switched to a Hurst Quarter Stick and love it.

-
Back