Average age of Mopar Maniacs.

How old / young are you?

• Total voters
-
average age of a mopar maniac is from birth till death>>>> duh!

That about says it. Dad bought my 68 in 76, when i was 4 so...does 4 count. he had picture of me "working on it"

my dad bought a 69 charger R/T brand new to sister the B5 blue 68 hemi coronet R/T 4spd that he also bought brand new and sitting in the garage when i was 2 years old. sadly both the cars were lost when the house burned to the ground. i was born Mopar, i eat , sleep and bleed the pentestar. i have had so many Mopars over the years, and i actually sold it all off and got out of the hobby for about 8 years, but i have been slowly working my way back into it. to this day i bang my head into everything for having gotten out of it....my very first ride was a 73 400 bucket seat console rallye charger..

I just made the ''under 50'' crowd.
I grew up when these cars were just a few years old and on the lots for sale used!
I took a lot of ''test'' drives!

Just hit 50, my first car was a 73 Dart Sport, been driving some kind of Mopar since!

I was 17 when my dart rolled off the assembly line.
It just took me about 40 years to find it.

yes I started young ,when I was 16 I would sneak my granddads 65 newyorker413 out and race my friends hotrods then when I was 18 1n 1978 I bought my 340 swinger the one I still have it still have thats my wife and car in avatar and it still has it original paint .

I just turned 42 on the 16th , but that's just a chronological number :
- Physically , 62
- Mentally , 5 or 50
- Sexually , 22

My parents' car was a '69 Dart Custom two door hardtop ; 273 / 904 , A/C , AM radio , power steering , drum brakes (yuck) , white with green interior .
My dad inherited it from his mother , who'd stopped driving in 1971 (at age 74) because she'd realised that her reactions were slowing .

My first car was a '72 Swinger : 318 / 904 , A/C , AM radio , power steering , power disc brakes ; EV2 with E2XW interior .
I bought it in the summer of '89 , and had it until 4th July 1999 when I sold it for $2,500 .
I'd modified it over the years ; rebuilt heads with some porting and valve work ; double roller timing ; carb off of a '72 400 two barrel (so that all of the correct vacuum ports would be there for the air cleaner and charcoal canister , as smog checks were a concern ) ; 340 cam ; electronic ignition conversion ; rebuilt 904 with deep pan and Trans-Go improver kit ; 8.25" rear from a '74 Duster , 3.21 gear and Sure Grip ; upgraded front brakes (had those frustrating KH 4 piston brakes and parts were impossible to find for 'em back then !) to '73 & up single piston setup .

Second car was a '73 Duster which I bought for $70 in Feb '92 .
TB3 Basin Street Blue , black interior ; 318 , factory upgrade 727 (reflected on build sheet under "REMARKS") , 8.25" rear with 2.76 , power disc brakes , power steering , AM-FM radio (factory) , deluxe wheel covers , A/C .
This is the one I miss the most :sad4: . Some illegal aliens ran a red light and plowed-into me at ~40 MPH , hitting the Duster squarely at the right front tyre area .
Their Toyota truck's front end was pushed up toward the windshield .
My beloved Duster was too far gone to easily fix , so I had to let it go
:mumum: .
I'm just pleased as pie that LAPD Chief Beck is pushing to repeal the state law regarding impounding of vehicles of illegal aliens and unlicensed drivers . Lord know that the motherfuc**rs who hit my Duster were here legally , as their articulation of the language of the land was impeccable , and their licenses / insurance were totally valid .
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm 56 and my first car was a 1964 Dodge Polara 500 with a 361 and a 4 speed manual transmission. Located and bought the following for it: 426 Stage III Wedge from air cleaners to pan and original ramcharger exhaust from manifolds to tips (included cutouts just under the doors). I was hooked on Mopar ever since.

My very first car of my own was at the age of 15, 383 4bl bucket set monster Monaco
Thank you uncle loyd, USAF base car, R.I.P unc..I can still see the base sticker on the windshield etched in my mind

Memike, my 1969 Dodge Polara 500 convertible was a base car for a navy squadron of aviators at Point Magu Naval Air Station until 2006 when I bought it. I still have the base sticker on the windshield.

my first was a 40 plymouth coupe

wow 41-50 the biggest segment yeah i guess i fit right in.

Makes sense. THese muscle cars were 20 year old, pennies on the dollar when we were "permit license" age. I remember seeing a six pack T/A Challenger in the local "dime-a-line" for sale ads for 1500 bucks..and I still couldn't afford that back then...

Yes i was 5 when mine rolled out. My moms famly is and an allways will be mopar i got my 66 barracuda from my uncle and thats all he has ever had! My frist was my 68 cuda 340 6 pack great car and had to sell it my wife couldent drive a 4 speed traded it for a 74 scamp 4 door had to many to name but you always rember your frist!!

Makes sense. THese muscle cars were 20 year old, pennies on the dollar when we were "permit license" age. I remember seeing a six pack T/A Challenger in the local "dime-a-line" for sale ads for 1500 bucks..and I still couldn't afford that back then...
YA thats like 15,000 today

yes I started young ,when I was 16 I would sneak my granddads 65 newyorker413 out and race my friends hotrods then when I was 18 1n 1978 I bought my 340 swinger the one I still have it still have thats my wife and car in avatar and it still has it original paint .

Very nice looking family, a little hard to make out your wife but the pictures of your children are really nice. Looks like life has been good to you.

Oh yeah, nice car as well

Ma Snart

my dad bought a 69 charger R/T brand new to sister the B5 blue 68 hemi coronet R/T 4spd that he also bought brand new and sitting in the garage when i was 2 years old. sadly both the cars were lost when the house burned to the ground. i was born Mopar, i eat , sleep and bleed the pentestar. i have had so many Mopars over the years, and i actually sold it all off and got out of the hobby for about 8 years, but i have been slowly working my way back into it. to this day i bang my head into everything for having gotten out of it....

Wow! Wish my dad had bought one of those cars when I was growing up - even used! LOL

Instead my dad owned the following cars after I was born:

Used 1961 Red Plymouth Fury (Hence my love of fins)
Used 1956 Dodge 1/2 ton Custom pick up with a V8 Poly and Automatic trans
Traded the Fury for a brand new 4 door 1964 Dodge Dart slant six auto (My first car I drove on the road at 16)
Then he bought a 1969 Plymouth Station Wagon
Bought a 1966 Dodge Polara for me to drive after I blew up the slant six doing stupid stuff - He was nicer to me about being an idiot then I would have been
Traded the Wagon for a 1975 Dodge Coronet (looked like a police car and was fun to scare the crap out of people on the road with

That was the end of Chrysler products for my Dad as the dealer closed their doors in town and his friend who owned it retired - John Neate Chrysler in Upper Sandusky, Ohio.

It was a "Neate" place to buy Mopars - LOL!

I justed turned 55 2 days ago

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 411
To All,

I started playing with cars at about 15 years old. My first new Mopar was a '67 GTX 440 with the optional (dealer installed) 2X4 setup and a 4:10 gear.

I was fortunate to have owned and raced quite a few new ('67 thru '73) Mopar muscle cars. My best friend's dad owned a Chrysler dealership at the time which helped a lot too.

I was at the drag races when they unleashed the Max Wedge and Hemi cars on the Chevies and Fords. I can remember seeing the original '68 SS/A (SS/B at the time) cars when they first came out. I've sat and talked to most of the original S/S MW & Hemi guys, and most are gone now. I've raced against some of them too in Nostalgia events.

I've build so many show and go Mopars it's mindboggling when I think back on them all.

My last build is almost complete. I'll play with it for a while then hand it over to my son.

I've been training my boy to continue the Mopar hobby. He's working on a '73 Duster

It's been quite a ride. Would I do it all again?.......... You bet!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the hobby, there are poeple who want to take it away from us.

sscuda
:glasses7:

Another vote for the youngish group, 26 here. Been fiddling with old rides since I was very young. Dad got uncomfortable the first time I touched his Chevy, but was amazed when I got the little things to work, not much issue of faith after that. :D My first "all mine" rod was a 67/69 4x4 Chevy truck.

Is this Survey for chronological years or Mentality wise ??? 'Cause Lord knows I'm much older than I act !!! Just ask my wife,she'll tell you SHE'S raised Three Kids,and 2 of them matured !!:D Wonder what she was trying to insinuate ???:violent1::violent1::violent1:

whoo im in the 20 year old group! lol im on mopar car number three already and all within the last year! had a 73 duster that i traded for a 70 440 dart and now im starting on a 70 duster tonight. that and i have a 91 dodge shortwide w150 318 auto and a 99 quadcab 4x4 shortbed half ton lol mopar nocar

really when i look back ....someone really matures a lot in just a couple years .......i am 25 almost 26 and i look back at me at 18 and think "wow what an Idiot"........i had a big engined car when i first started driving and bcoz im a female the insurance was not bad......they need to change the insurance thing bcoz a young stupid girl is just as dangerous as a young stupid boy.......Thank God i never had an accident or destroyed anything worth saving beyond repair......but i look back at my youthful attempts and think dang i got lucky.

i did a dukes jump and i dont know how i walked away from that....i really would'nt do that now. Hood surfing is another activity i would not advise...i have a scar above my eye that proves that ...Thank God make-up covers scars. LOL

ive never really done anything stupid. ive taken my trucks in the mud when i shouldnt have but thats about it. i was fixing cars at 14 and 15 and then i was in school for mechanics at 16 and 17 and working at repair shops and dealerships during and since then except a few months off when i joined the marine corps to be a combat vehicle repairman but got hurt during training so i came home and got right back to cars

Ripe young age of 52 now and I still have the first car I ever drove (yep Mopar) 53 Plymouth Cranbrook 2dr, flat head, three on the tree. I still drive it whenever I can. I remember when I was six my folks hade a 65 Fury wagon, 383, that would haul all eight of us kids around. Alternator went out in Columbus Indiana and the dealer loaner was a 66 barracuda. I loved lying in the back while my folks drove around and looking out that rear window. I've had and driven too many other Mopars to mention but one that stands out is a 67 PLYDODGE VALDART (I called it the "getaway" car for obvious reasons). My folks still have it rotting away (unfortunately) in their barn.

My first ride was a Mopar and has never been anything but Mopar. Ive bought and flipped a few off brands but they dont count. The first car I drove was our 67 Barracuda drag car, full tube chassis car with a bone stock 72 New Yorker 440 in it. Drove that at the track and at 15 I was unleashed on the streets with a my 83 D-150 with a good running 383. Alot more truck than I probably needed, then we got my 85 W-150 back on the road around the same time. At 16 I bought my 05 SRT-4 which I know was too too fast for a 16 year old kid. Lets just say it can bury the speedo as deep as it claims and still have a little left. Then this past August I picked up my 74 Dart Sport which I do believe has been my favorite. Its so funny the looks I get being a 20 year old kid in a good looking muscle car when I go places with it. It tends to draw a crowd. Would have never thought it would be this much fun! As long as Ma Mopar still builds them, Ill still be driving them!

-
Back