Awful Accident involving a N.C. Highway Patrolman

-
The Lack of common sense. Now if I'm a copper and see someone speeding, am I just gonna pin it to the floot, spinning the tires, and bolting across two lanes of traffic( not saying thats what happened in this case). NO. I don't know what happened, but if I was the trooper in this case, I would be very aware of my surroundings. Cars and trucks can't always see you. When approaching an intersection, extra precaution should be taken. OH and that comment about cops and how they don't think the law applies to them is true. I've seen cops blow red lights, and speed. All that power goes to their heads. Not all cops are like this though. It's even worst when they lie, and video footage or an autopsy proves them wrong.

I have seen this eaxct scenario with a cops adrenaline getting the best of him.
I was on my way to the mountains to go hunting in the very early morning before dawn.
A teenage girl passed me on the highway going about 100 mph or so.

I remember telling my buddy she was gonna get nabbed for sure up ahead because I know where the cops sit all the time.

Sure enough, we came up over a rise and saw a state trooper in the center (grass) median throw his lights on and did just as you described above.....he just nailed the gas pedal to the floor and the car did a Roscoe P. Coltrain fishtail all over the grass until he finally hit pavement where he continued to hold it to the floor and the car did a 180 facing towards me.
He let off the gas, turned the wheel and punched it again, spinning tires and fishtailing fiercely all over the road, both lanes, of the pavement until the car finally straightened out.

The only thing I could say was "Holy crap, holy crap, that dude sure is pissed off, he can't even friggin remember how to drive he's so pissed."

My buddy said "Man, I'd hate to be that girl right now because when he catches her, her *** is soooo grass." LOL.

We passed them about 2 miles up the road and he was walking up to her car agressively with his pistol drawn.

Can anyone point out what is wrong with that situation?

For about 3 years I worked at a Fire Department in CA, working very closely with the local PD. What was said about a plethora of "punks" with napolian complexes is very correct. The older guys on the force were good guys, just trying to deal with politics and red ledgers breathing down they're backs. The younger guys were made up of every kid that was ever trash canned in school or picked on and couldn't seem to fit in. On average about once every couple months we would have to show up to a scene where a cop had driven like an idiot and banged up his cruiser. Since moving to WA i've had to commute quite a bit and have seen cops driving worse than the other croth rocket riders that i refuse to ride with (prefer to ride solo now), and friggn ricers that make me want to put a cow catcher on my truck to get them off the road. One of the most memorable was a cop doing 70-80 on the yellow line of a bumper to bumper slow moving 2 lane highway, through a small town. I have been nearly ran over on more than a handful of times from cops that want to pull out of a median to chase someone without looking whos coming and giving them time to move over, tailgated while not code 3 or even 2, and even blowing down a packed freeway in speeds in excess of 100mph also while not code 2 or 3. And thats just what I can think of off the top of my head after a long day of getting my brains baked in the sandbox.

I personally would like to see a complete overhaul of the law enforcment agencies, less power higher controled, and accountability of they're actions. Cop's need to realize theyre Americans first and law enfocment secondary, the same laws that apply to the rest of us apply to them as well.

"Americans first and law enfocment secondary, the same laws that apply to the rest of us apply to them as well. "<p>

I believe that's over on aisle 3 next to the leprechauns and unicorns.

I personally would like to see a complete overhaul of the law enforcment agencies, less power higher controled, and accountability of they're actions. Cop's need to realize theyre Americans first and law enfocment secondary, the same laws that apply to the rest of us apply to them as well.

Cops where I live are scrutinized more than criminals around here (Portland).

I will say goin 100mph to catch a speeder is ridiculous. Risk vs Reward applies when you an officer needs to assess if the risk to the public is worth the reward of apprehension of a "speeder"......obviously not in this case.

-
Back