Axle Upgrade

-

6T9 GTS

Reaction score
Hey there, I had a few questions about axles. First off I've recently turned my 340 into a 416 in the neighborhood of 510 hp. I know that the stock 37 year old axles will not hold up forever. I would rather address the problem now before I it bits me in the butt at the strip or at a cruise night. First question is what brand are y'all using (moser, strange, ect.)? Granted I'm still a youngin' and don't know everything about axle changes, but don't you have to change the differential too; or is that only if you go with more splines? And finally, where did you get them from? This kind of related to another question I had aboout torque converters. Is there any other place to order B&M Holeshot converters rather than jegs or summit? Sorry for the essay but stuff just kept coming to mind.

Thanks
Kyle

I use Mancini Racing a lot. Their inventory is comprehensive,they`re knowledgable, experienced, and fast to ship at reasonable prices.I believe Mancini was one of the original Ramchargers from Chrysler back in the day, so they`ve been around.Give them a try, their # is 1-800- 843- 2821 or they`re on the web. Oh, and no I don`t work for them, just very satisfied with their service.

I'm using Yukon axle's in the Cuda and Strange in the 440 Duster.
Usually when I brake stuff it's rear end gears or U joints. So I'm asuming that my axles are ok!

Thanks guys. I don't know why I didn't think of Mancini before. I used them alot with the restoration. I probably just had a senior moment.

IMG_0036.jpg

These are a Candian division of Strange. Good prices. If you go for the axles, I would suggest green bearings.

-
Back