Axle width

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Ok I just got my Dana 60 narrowed. Its 50 5/8ths right now. The builder gave me dimensions to have the axles cut 23 7/8ths for Driver and 21 7/16 for pass side. Does this sound right? I thought the 2 sides were only 1 3/8ths difference? Im a bit confused....

The yoke should be 1-3/8" off center to the pass side. That doesn't necessarily mean the axles have to be 1-3/8" difference. I'm not familiar with a Dana so I don't know how much diff. there will be. Have you tried assembling it and seeing how the axles fit?

well thats just it. I have to send the axles to get cut and resplined. I have to give them diminsions to cut too. Can only cut once you know.

Ok after talking to the builder about this after I chatted with moser. Moser said the numbers I got have to be wrong. I talked to the builder he is going to look at his blueprint and see if he maybe wrote it down wrong...

Now Moser said if needed provide them with the Housing width and the pinion offset but what is the pinion off set? this is a truck dana housing cut down to fit mopar? axle tubes are 1 3/8ths different to the driver side?

Wasn't there a write up in Mopar mag about doing this swap? I think it had measurements in it. ??

Is the rear cut properly?

If it has the drivers tube 1 3/8" longer than pass side, the spreadsheet I gave you will have the proper lengths. Just from looking the lengths you posted are all f'd up.

-
Back