"B" Body 8 3/4" in a '65 Valiant

-

VIOLENT\6

12 second N/A Slant 6?
Reaction score
I just scored a bare '69 "B" housing for $40.

Now comes the hard part.

After moving the perch location inward 1/2" a side, I have to find brakes, axles & a center section.

Right now my biggest concern is finding all the proper brake parts.

Everything else is relatively simple from a technical stand point. Any suggestions? What would a good price be for the 10 x 2 1/2" backing plates W/all the mechanical parts less drums?

Also, does anyone know the proper size offset/backset for the stock "A" body wheel?

I'll need to add about 1 1/4" of offset to get back to the normal track.

What are your plans for axles? Are you gonna run the small or large bolt pattern? If the large, you know you'll need the B body backin plates to get the right offset.

What are your plans for axles? Are you gonna run the small or large bolt pattern? If the large, you know you'll need the B body backin plates to get the right offset.

I'm planning on all "B" body from the axles out.

10" X 2 1'2" drums.

There's a set of complete brake assemblies less the drum on e-bay for $120. They look pretty good. Everything is there but the drums.

Drums are $35 ea new @ NAPA.

Also found 4.30 & 3.90 suregrip pumpkins locally.

The 3.91 would work great on 26" drag radials. The 4.30s would be about the same effective gearing on 28" rubber.

28" tires would look better, but 26" rubber (front & rear) would be more practcal as far as carrying a spare tire.

I think I have a complete set of B body brakes, good drums and all. Seems like they are 11" though. I cannot remember. I'd have to measure them.

-
Back