B body 8 3/4 rear in 67 cuda

-

loganscuda

This/These
Reaction score
:blob:Does anyone have the part number for offset shackles and who to get them from. Can I use those instead of moving and welding on new spring perches.

You can pull the springs to the perches. Its only 1/2 inch per side.
If you ever replaced worn out spring eye bushings you would see the outward pull is actually correcting the way those bushings wear.

If you're using a 66-67 axle you should have no problem.

Contrary to a widely circulated chart, the 66-67 is narrower than a 68-70.

With your wheel wells you won't have a clearance issue, either.

You can pull the springs to the perches. Its only 1/2 inch per side.
If you ever replaced worn out spring eye bushings you would see the outward pull is actually correcting the way those bushings wear.

You can, but you definitely won't be able to use the offset shackles if you do. Also, its not as easy to do with poly bushings. Plus, it will slightly reduce your tire clearance to the springs. Not a big deal unless you're trying to max out your tire size though.

The '65-'67 B-body axles are 54 1/4" flange to flange, the 68-70's are 54 15/16". Either will work, it just depends on the backspacing you want to use on your rims. A 68-70 rear will need an extra 11/32" of backspace on the rims. The 65-67 rear is probably better if you're going to run original Mopar style rims, since they tend to have less backspace. If you're planning on running modern style 17 or 18" rims, the 68-70 may be better as those rims tend to have more backspace.

I have a 68-70 B rear in my Duster. I think the Barracuda's are pretty similar in the amount of wheel space they have out back, maybe a little less room at the quarters than the Duster.

I did pull the springs to the perches and everything clears fine I did not know if that tweek in the springs would be a problem. It did not take much effort they just slid in. Will it be ok to run it like that.

-
Back