B body 8 3/4 rear in a 67 Barracuda

-
I am considering doing it to get the big bolt pattern, all you have to do is move the purches in 1/2 inch each. their are some butchers that say force the spring over and bolt it in but i cant do that.I did some figureing and and if you want to get the widest tire in you will have a hard time.5.5inch back spaceing 8 inch rims are the best shelf item rims for you .Any narrower you lose the back spaceing. my figures are based on a 1968 b body.

their are some butchers that say force the spring over and bolt it in but i cant do that..
Well if you are going to butcher an A-body by putting in B-body parts, you can simply use the offset shackles reversed.

Well if you are going to butcher an A-body by putting in B-body parts, you can simply use the offset shackles reversed.

The B-body rearend definitely fits better in Dusters/Demons...and you get to use more stock parts when you've gotta have the 5 on 4.5" bolt circle.

Move the spring pads in 1/2" per side and forget about it.

good points Outsider you made me think.I have a 67 cuda with an a body 8.75 7inch rallies with 4.25 back spacing and 235+14 ta radials.It pretty mutch fills up most of the available space and is centerd pretty good.with a 68 b body rear you loose a little more than 1.5 inch per side. according to the availeble wheels at sumit the best you can compensate is .75inch with back spaceing.So bottom line is you won,t be able to get as big off a tire on.

You can shorten the housing but the axels are necked down so you cant shorten them.And i gues butchers was a pore choice for words.I should not have used it.

-
Back