B Body buckets in an A body???

-

metalbender58

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have some decent B body bucket seats out of a 73 Charger and I am thinking of putting them in my 73 Swinger. Obviously, the foam and covering are different in A to B Body. I've heard chatter the frames are the same, or similar enough, to swap. Is this true? Reupholstering them goes without saying. Would A body seat foam and upholstery from someplace like Classic Industries work? Has anyone tried this?

Hello all,
I have some decent B body bucket seats out of a 73 Charger and I am thinking of putting them in my 73 Swinger. Obviously, the foam and covering are different in A to B Body. I've heard chatter the frames are the same, or similar enough, to swap. Is this true? Reupholstering them goes without saying. Would A body seat foam and upholstery from someplace like Classic Industries work? Has anyone tried this?
Yes, the seat frames should be the same, the rails, the part that the frames attach to the floorboards however, ARE different

I gave a buddy of mine a great set of A body tan vinyl and velour bucket seats he took them home and removed the seat tracks and put the seats to the curb because he had a black set of B body bucket seats was going use instead……did not fit, I can’t say I’m sorry about his luck but I am sorry I gave him the seats.
:wtf:

-
Back