B Body drums on an A Body

-

Golden Scamp

Reaction score
Looking to convert a 68 Dart to BBP. Maybe discs on front, as I do have a set of 73 BBP discs and a booster from a 70 Fury, but question is this: are BBP A Body drums and BBP B Body drums gonna fit the same? BBP A Bodies look scarce, so since BBP is BBP, is there anything that's going to keep me from using B body drums? Will either be using C-Body 8 3/4 made to fit, or will find an A Body 8 3/4 with 15x7 steels.

you would need aftermarket axles for the B body brakes on an A body housing.
you will also need the backing plates from the B body as well. we have big bolt pattern on all 3 of our a bodies.
one like I said above, one using after market axles with the offset for the stock drum brakes ( with the drums re drilled ) and one with aftermarket disc brakes.
plenty of ways to skin that cat.

The more I think on it, the more I'm leaning toward all drum. So my C-Body BBP axles, if cut and resplined, could work as long at the B drums and matching backing plates were there? Would rather not redrill. Already have the entire C-body rear that just needs measured and cut, so maybe I just get the B drums with all of the hardware and bolt em up to that rear. And the fronts, if I don't go with the discs, would need new assemblies to fit the B drums. If there anything I'm missing here?

-
Back