B&M 360 balanced flexpate?

-

prestigue

318v6
Reaction score
I was told to install a 360 in place of my 318 in my 72 dart, that I needed a B&M balanced flex plate. I ordered a SFI rated 360w/904 flex plate from jegs and got it in today. I cant figure out what I got. I take it the flex plates are not the same as ferd or cheby. this one has no ring gear or teeth. how do you install thing thing? there is nothing on the crank of the 360, so do I just mount it like I would a 350 flexplate, and then mount to tranny? where are the ring gear teeth for the starter? are they attached to the torque converter? sorry for the newbie question, but when I ordered it I thought I would get more :lol:

Yes, on mopars the converters have the ring teeth. I would install the flex plate onto the converter on the bench and mark it (spray paint usually works well). Flex plate will only bolt up one way on the converter, and one way on the back of the engine. Helps when your under there trying to line things up. They you bolt the flex plate up to the back of the engine, push/turn the converter ALL the way in the input shaft. (it should not be sticking out of the bellhousing at all, you have to pull it 1/8-1/4" or so to meet up with the flexplate once the trans is installed.

Yes, on mopars the converters have the ring teeth. I would install the flex plate onto the converter on the bench and mark it (spray paint usually works well). Flex plate will only bolt up one way on the converter, and one way on the back of the engine. Helps when your under there trying to line things up. They you bolt the flex plate up to the back of the engine, push/turn the converter ALL the way in the input shaft. (it should not be sticking out of the bellhousing at all, you have to pull it 1/8-1/4" or so to meet up with the flexplate once the trans is installed.

As GGC said mount the converter and flexplate on the bench,and paint the converter where the Quarter moon is missing on the flexplate , they only go one way , so it is a pain trying to bolt up flexplate under your car.

-
Back