B & M QuickSilver With Lokar Kickdown???

-

xLURKxDOGx

"An angel fat, at satan's feast"
Reaction score
Anyone have a problem with running this because there isnt enough clearance between the selector and the kickdown? If so what was the solution? I have an original linkage but it still looks like there isnt enough room.

Thanks,
Jake

I'm dealing with this now. Thinking about putting a set-screw to hold the shift linkage.

32945283725_9ee4df27be_z_d.jpg

im running a promatic II with lokar kickdown and it all clears just fine

are you using the supplied brackets?
and are they installed properly?

pics, pics pics

looks like the swivel is upside down.
shift_linkage.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have any pictures on hand but I run a Quicksilver shifter and the lokar kickdown without any issues. I seem to recall that the swivel from the shifter cable has to go up from the bottom of the lever, which makes the cotter pin a bit difficult to get at.

The problem is when its in park, both are to the front and there is binding. Also im not sure i have enough clearance on the 63 because it seams that the tunnel runs closer than yours. Im going to try to get some pics later. Thanks for all the helpful responses.

Jake

Yep, I had to do a bit of tunnel work to clear the linkage.A ball peen hammer did the trick.Had to mark the area and remove the trans (didn't have it in completely) on a 64 Dart.Not much room going from the factory cable shift to the 66-up trans with linkage.

-
Back