B&M quicksilver

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
No matter what I do I cannot get enough of an adjustment at the bracket to get the threaded pin on to shift lever. I can get it close, but there's literally like one turn on the pin, and the adjustment nuts are all the way back.

Yes I'm using the lever that was supplied with the shifter.

What am I doing wrong? Also, what's the point of having one part of the bracket slotted and the other one being solid?

15925424247165990328251116059965.jpg

No matter what I do I cannot get enough of an adjustment at the bracket to get the threaded pin on to shift lever. I can get it close, but there's literally like one turn on the pin, and the adjustment nuts are all the way back.

Yes I'm using the lever that was supplied with the shifter.

What am I doing wrong? Also, what's the point of having one part of the bracket slotted and the other one being solid?

View attachment 1715548120
I can't remember which one but I'm not sure I think your problem might be between Park and reverse. There is a lot of room for I'm not sure this is the part for the Chevy or for the Mopar. that one has a long distance between reverse and park and one has just a normal one more click. I think it comes with a pin...

I can't remember which one but I'm not sure I think your problem might be between Park and reverse. There is a lot of room for I'm not sure this is the part for the Chevy or for the Mopar. that one has a long distance between reverse and park and one has just a normal one more click. I think it comes with a pin...

I'm not sure what you mean. The instructions say to move it all the way down to low gear which is all the way back on the shifter lever. And then set your adjustment there. But no matter what I do I can't get it to go in the shift lever hole is not enough cable length.

I'm not sure what you mean. The instructions say to move it all the way down to low gear which is all the way back on the shifter lever. And then set your adjustment there. But no matter what I do I can't get it to go in the shift lever hole is not enough cable length.
I'm sure you have your paper instructions so I'll have to take a minute here and look up the instructions on Summit or something. I've had a couple of them and I really like them with automatics. I'm a for speeding guy though..

Lol. Yes, you can Google it. I'm just not sure. Its like the bracket sits too far forward on the trans. I was gonna elongate the round hole, but wanted to check here first.

Lol. Yes, you can Google it. I'm just not sure. Its like the bracket sits too far forward on the trans. I was gonna elongate the round hole, but wanted to check here first.
I would say a little more investigation before you start and long gating stuff LOL I never had one give me much trouble that I can remember..
I need an answer to that question though so I can systematically go through it with you. You do have the right or correct B&m Weaver switched on to your transmission?

I would say a little more investigation before you start and long gating stuff LOL I never had one give me much trouble that I can remember..
I need an answer to that question though so I can systematically go through it with you. You do have the right or correct B&m Weaver switched on to your transmission?

Correct. Everything was pulled from the box. I had this on a 904 and it worked fine. It's on a A500 now. They are about identical in that area though.

20170514_172403.jpg

The last one I had I bought at a swap meet for 40 bucks.. I had to build my own brackets on the transmission and modify the factory livre... But I had it all pretty adjusted out on the bench and then put the tranny and shifter in...
I sold the motor and transmission and shifter on Craigslist and a member ended up with the shifter and they had the shifter at a swap meet last January for like 100 and $50 or something.. lol...

I'm wondering if my cable is kinked, somewhere. I'll pull the shifter out and see. I have to pull it to put the carpet in anyway.

Thanks, guys

Well call me a fool. I had the shifter lever all the backward and it should have been all the way forward for low gear. Lol.

All good now.

-
Back