b&m shifters & 8 3/4 rear ends

-

gotdust57@yahoo

Reaction score
2 questions i have a 73 duster with 360 and 8 3/4 open end, first i want to take automatic shifter off column and put b&m shifter on floor i am thinking of zgate or starshifter, any other ideas on shifters and are they hard to install, also want to change third member to suregrip are they hard to install and any special instructions, plus if anyone has one let me know? thanks

2 questions i have a 73 duster with 360 and 8 3/4 open end, first i want to take automatic shifter off column and put b&m shifter on floor i am thinking of zgate or starshifter, any other ideas on shifters and are they hard to install, also want to change third member to suregrip are they hard to install and any special instructions, plus if anyone has one let me know? thanks

I used The B&M Quicksilver in my Cuda and installed it under a factory console, it worked out great. I am just having problems routing the cable somewhere it won't get melted, I've replaced two in less than two years.

Xstream, I melted the cable and replaced it with a 1 foot shorter cable from B&M. It made it stifter to shift. Not bad though. Try some zip ties around something.
Check this idea out.... When routeing a batterys cable from the rear to the front, a kit contains some plastic loops to hold the wire. You could anchor 1 or 2 and zip tie it to that. Just thinking out loud.

xtreme - I had a cable-shifted B&M in my '69 Dart racecar a million years ago and remember it was zip-tied to a spare hole on the 'bellhousing' of the 747. Never did have a problem with it coming in contact with the headers.

-
Back