B&M TC tightness

-

green67cuda

Reaction score
I know B&Ms are low buck, but since i plan on a 451 in the future, i went with the less costly B&M holeshot 3000 for now.....paid $350 for it....

anyway....question is....how sloppy is the B&M???will i be miserable with it on the street? do i need to get rid of it and break down and buy a better converter, then send it in for modification/buy a new one after i build a bigger engine???

green67cuda said:
I know B&Ms are low buck, but since i plan on a 451 in the future, i went with the less costly B&M holeshot 3000 for now.....paid $350 for it....

anyway....question is....how sloppy is the B&M???will i be miserable with it on the street? do i need to get rid of it and break down and buy a better converter, then send it in for modification/buy a new one after i build a bigger engine???

I couldn't comment on the quality of B&M converters, as I haven't used any personally. And you really won't know until its in the car. The difference between an off the-shelf unit, and a custom built unit are night and day. Regardless, I hope it performs well for you. :bounce:

I used a holeshot 2400 in my trans am, I like it allot to be honest. It ran great on the street.

A friend has a holeshot 3000 in his Pontiac formula. I drove it around a bit and to be honest. she seems alittle sluggish in the city and light to light, but when you got on it, it snapped to life. I don't think you'll have a problem with it. Good middle ground TC

Duster346 said:
green67cuda said:

I couldn't comment on the quality of B&M converters, as I haven't used any personally. And you really won't know until its in the car. The difference between an off the-shelf unit, and a custom built unit are night and day. Regardless, I hope it performs well for you. :bounce:

cant tell about the B&M but i have a custom built converter and its better than i could ever guess!

I just put a Dynamic 9.5 convertor in my sons Dart. It will flash at about 4200 and it drives great on the street. We love it for a street/strip car and it cost $595. A good price for a very good convertor. Ron

-
Back