B.S. Robo calls and junk calls

-

1964 hippo

Reaction score
:banghead::axe:
This is the FCC # 1-888-382-1222 also us (donotcall.gov )
and you can stop robo calls and B.S. Calls
check your e-mail and confirm in20 min and in 30 days all should stop also the web site will let you file a complaint as well.
:glasses7:Good luck has worked for me thus far.

Yeah, well. 'we'll see.'

The FCC in the last 10-15 years has become INCREDIBLY unresponsive

Recently Congress passed some sort of bill that was supposed to limit the sound level of advertisements as compared to the "regular program." I frankly have not noticed a change

The doers and shakers a bribers conspired to bring us "broadband over power lines," otherwise known as "BPL." There has been many many lawsuits over this, DOCUMENTING interferance TO LICENSED RADIO SERVICES by the BPL test providers.

The FCC has done LITTLE to mitigate this, AND IN FACT has actually RAISED the acceptable interfering levels, which means that even though a service is being interfered with, according to the FCC, "they aren't."

When I worked for Motorola up til 99 or so, we had to use a freekin' crowbar to get the FCC to do much. In the Spokane area, a nameless chain store had hired a security guy who had evidently told management that "he could set up" the radio system.

So there began direct interference with one of our customers. We contacted the security dept, wrote letters to the store management, and the FCC. It took us MONTHS to get this outright ILLEGAL radio system off the air

What if this had been on one of the PD/ EMS frequencies? Ya spose the FCC would have been any faster?

In my own case, the power line in my alley has become incredibly noisy. Because the power company knows the FCC won't back me up, they won't do a damn thing.

Like I said, "we'll see."

...and how about that forced switch to digital TV broadcasts.

If you are one of the poor people who can't afford sat or cable (like my 70 year old mother), you are lucky if you get 2 or 3 stations (for part of the day) in an area that used to get 8-10.

-
Back