Back again from the UK

-

TimDart

Reaction score
Hi all, been absent a long while, maybe 2006ish after I sold my 360 Dart. Back in the A body fold after selling a nice 340 Roadrunner I had for some years. Now with a matching numbers 1966 Barracuda Formula S auto. Real nice car and plenty of question likely to come up as I re-learn A body Mopar logic again

35F43E30-DD2E-44C0-B686-86A1710FBA50.jpeg

B6AD2EAD-EB33-41FF-8937-A7C94429A321.jpeg

You came back in a big way!! That's a beautiful 66 you got there. You must get a lot of attention driving it around.

What part of the UK are you in? I spent 3 years at Greenham Common in Berkshire back in the late 80's. I loved it there, my son was born in Swindon hospital.

You came back in a big way!! That's a beautiful 66 you got there. You must get a lot of attention driving it around.

What part of the UK are you in? I spent 3 years at Greenham Common in Berkshire back in the late 80's. I loved it there, my son was born in Swindon hospital.
Hi, I’m deep down West in Newquay, Cornwall, surf country and very rural. The ‘Fish is a really sweet rot free car. Had a resto at some point, runs sweet with a new Eddy AVS500 carb and I’m currently going through the brakes from one end to the other. Bought it off a Mopar guy I know over here and ran 300 miles back home without fault.

EA985006-45AF-4E0E-B3B2-55E5AF31DF62.jpeg

F2A8A642-AB80-4BA7-A95A-8630E7D3AA34.jpeg

Yeah, that is a sweet S. I have something I'd like to send back over there. I got it with 14,000 original miles on it, put a total of 50+, then parked it because of trans problems. Let me know if you want to trade?
nCMvVTr.jpg

Yeah, that is a sweet S. I have something I'd like to send back over there. I got it with 14,000 original miles on it, put a total of 50+, then parked it because of trans problems. Let me know if you want to trade?
View attachment 1715606411
Ha, lots of those over here, mostly running small block V8s, the rocking crowd like them!

I was assigned to RAF Greenham Common in the late 80's. Imagine my surprise the first time I saw one of these! I could just see it skidding on the corner every time you made a turn.

1980-reliant-robin-ohne-limit-no-reserve-5290231.jpg

That’s a nice looking Barracuda! The fact it’s overseas makes it even more unique (relative to the other cars there).

What do you mean by matching numbers? Chrysler didn’t start stamping the partial VIN number on engine blocks until sometime in 1968. Perhaps you mean to say date correct components?

That’s a nice looking Barracuda! The fact it’s overseas makes it even more unique (relative to the other cars there).

What do you mean by matching numbers? Chrysler didn’t start stamping the partial VIN number on engine blocks until sometime in 1968. Perhaps you mean to say date correct components?
Sure, that’s what I understand from the history. Got the build sheet and Certicard which are nice extras.

Sure, that’s what I understand from the history. Got the build sheet and Certicard which are nice extras.

Hopefully you didn’t pay a premium from the seller for a numbers matching car since that didn’t exist in 1966.

Regardless it’s a nice car!

My 68 Formula S has all numbers stamped. It was born on Febuary 21st 1968. When I got my engine back from the machine shop I was looking at the number upside down with a flash light in a tight garage squeezed between my wife's car, and wrote some of the numbers out of order. Went back in and started to freak out. Thought the shop mixed my engine up. Ran back out in my tighty whities, moved my wife's car, rolled the engine stand out and rotated the number up. Big sigh of relief. I know engine and trans weren't stamped before 68, mine must have been one of the first. Glad it is, found stamps on radiator support, dash, trunk lip, engine and trans.

Hopefully you didn’t pay a premium from the seller for a numbers matching car since that didn’t exist in 1966.

Regardless it’s a nice car!
No premium as such. The UKmarket for Mopars is unique here, they cost what they cost. That said, I’m pleased with a rust free car, no dents sweet interior and all working. Drive train is a little tired but I have a 360 in mind for that.

-
Back