Back in the game!

-

67Dart440GT

Seriously Long Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Well after a few years of getting settled after a crummy divorce I just bought a new ride for me and my boys :) I sent payment off yesterday for a nice little Dart. I will be heading out on a road trip in a few weeks to pick it up :) Looks like I will only have to do some minor things to it to enjoy it... and that's just what we're going to do! I can't wait to see my boys faces when I put it in the garage and surprise them :)

Here is a photo of it from one of the previous owners.

Wish me luck!

Also I will be heading from Wisconsin to West Virginia on March 18-20 and back to Wisconsin. I will be heading east with an empty car hauler if anyone is looking for anything to be shipped. I would deviate from my travels about 100 miles.

Attachments

• 1969dart.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 338
awesome! glad you survived to Mopar another day! and good luck - hope the boys enjoy the surprise!

enjoy that great looking car, you and your boys!! that is what it is all about!

sometimes life throws us a curve ball and takes time.

Hey hey hey! Back on top. Hope you and the boys have a great time with it.

So.... about 14-15 years ago I found a nice 66 Plymouth for sale in West Virginia. I remember receiving some photo's via MAIL of the car... remember those days?! Also a nice hand written letter describing the car. After a little negotiation I gathered up some cash and decided to head to West Virginia. I borrowed my Uncles brand new truck and trailer and headed out. It was a rather uneventful trip but was fun!

Now this weekend I am taking the same truck to the same state to pick up the new Dart! Check out some old pictures...

Note the awesome side burns and skin tight jeans! HA HA No wonder I was getting the ladies!! 2001?2002? Not sure on the year.

Attachments

• IMG_20160302_135600.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_20160302_135541 (1).jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 220
should take the kiddos on the road trip. my daughter and me love road trips with my dad/g pa to go fetch a new toy. she is a big part of the reason we have so many projects.

should take the kiddos on the road trip. my daughter and me love road trips with my dad/g pa to go fetch a new toy. she is a big part of the reason we have so many projects.

Hey! Haven't heard from you in a long while... how's things going?

going good, Dads projects are keeping me more than busy.
moved out of the city. digging the peace and quiet away from the airport & traffic.

Mighty proud for you , Colin. You've been through a lot these past few years. Glad to see you gettin back into it.

Mighty proud for you , Colin. You've been through a lot these past few years. Glad to see you gettin back into it.

Thanks man... It took a few years to get things back to normal! I think the 440 will wait a year on this one haha...

Glad you are getting back into it and made it through a divorce. Enjoy your freedom to do what you please...

Enjoy the car with the kids..

I agree to drive it and enjoy it as is for a while before upgrading it...

going good, Dads projects are keeping me more than busy.
moved out of the city. digging the peace and quiet away from the airport & traffic.

Glad to hear... you ever head to The Grove anymore? I haven't been there in years! Still have the orange Dart?

Glad you are getting back into it and made it through a divorce. Enjoy your freedom to do what you please...

Enjoy the car with the kids..

I agree to drive it and enjoy it as is for a while before upgrading it...

Yup, nobody can take this one from us finally!

Didn't you come up to my old place and buy some axles from me? I think it was out of my 67 GT 8 3/4...

Where in WV are you heading?
I am in central WV if you run into any problems, or just looking for somewhere to eat.

Nice looking car... atta boy for your fortitude. looks like happy days ahead... post more pics once you pick up that beauty.

Nice find... make sure get the big surprise on video... have a safe trip..

-
Back