Back seat removal

-

Badart

Reaction score
This may sound stupid, but how do I remove the back seat from my 74 duster. I am pulling the back of the bottom seat first like most cars and they are being really difficult. I dont want to bend the seat frame or anything. Please help.

This may sound stupid, but how do I remove the back seat from my 74 duster. I am pulling the back of the bottom seat first like most cars and they are being really difficult. I dont want to bend the seat frame or anything. Please help.

You should just have to push in(to the rear of the car) on the bottom seat cushion and lift up, the seat back bolts in at the bottom.

The bottom of the rear seat attaches at the front. Push in and lift up.

The top of the rear seat mounts with 2 bolts at the bottom, so bottom out first then top.
Kinda not sure which "back of the bottom seat" you mean. :read2:

This is for a 72 model, but I think they're the same.

You may find the bottom of the back held with metal tangs through frame loops and bent. Straighten those and pull out at the bottom then lift up and off of the hooks near the top. Dont go up far and fast or you might damage sail panels or headlinner depending on model. Just 2 inches should clear those hooks

You may find the bottom of the back held with metal tangs through frame loops and bent. Straighten those and pull out at the bottom then lift up and off of the hooks near the top. Dont go up far and fast or you might damage sail panels or headlinner depending on model. Just 2 inches should clear those hooks

A pitiful Paintbrush drawing, I know, but the seat hooks in kinda like this:

01.jpg

It was good of you to take the time to draw that, jimmyray. It has been said that a picture is worth a thousand words.

It was good of you to take the time to draw that, jimmyray. It has been said that a picture is worth a thousand words.

I have received so much help, advice and knowledge from this site, it was the least I could do. I like to contribute whenever my limited experience allows.

Hey JimmyRay I thought your drawing was right on! That was as clear as a bell. And yes I happen to be removing my rear seat too.:salute:

-
Back