Back to basics...A couple questions on my New A body!

-
Here is how option tag breaks down.

R11 END
LY9 U A31 A91 J25 N37
LY9 E2L3 000 B19 074313
E24 D13 LL29 C60 141780

Anyone help brake it down for me? Bear in mind, it is a 76, most of the decoders I have found do not go past 74?

What I have found says
A31 3.91 HP package (69-71 only)
A91 Western Sport Package (70 only)
J25 3 speed wipers
N37 ?
U denotes USA
D13 manual transmission floor shift
E24 225 1 bbl L6
R11 Music Master AM radio

r11= am radio
end= end of tag
ly9= spanish gold metallic
u= us build
a31= dart light / feather duster package
a91= deluxe insulation package
j25= 3 speed windsheild wipers
n37= catalytic exhaust system
e2l3= parchment vinyl bench seat
e24= 225 cu in. eng
d13= 3 speed floor shift
built in st. louis mo

yeah if it was a / drum brakes were still available but only if it was a / car my 75 duster had small bolt drums on it factory kind of stunk congrats on the new toy backtobasics lets see some pics when you get them

I have a 74 Dart sport with the 4 inch bolt pattern four wheel drum brake, prior to seeing this I thought all 73-76 A-bodys had 4.5 inch wheels! I was wrong!

r11= am radio
end= end of tag
ly9= spanish gold metallic
u= us build
a31= dart light / feather duster package
a91= deluxe insulation package
j25= 3 speed windsheild wipers
n37= catalytic exhaust system
e2l3= parchment vinyl bench seat
e24= 225 cu in. eng
d13= 3 speed floor shift
built in st. louis mo

Dude you rock. I am going to print this off for future records. This car has a different seat in it, and the converter is gone. I appreciate it!

Cool car.

I am loving my drum brakes on my 71 swinger /6.

After a good bleed and proper adjustment, they stop nice and tight every time, and actually got better after they seated after adjustment.

Cool car.

I am loving my drum brakes on my 71 swinger /6.

After a good bleed and proper adjustment, they stop nice and tight every time, and actually got better after they seated after adjustment.

Now that I know that they will actually stop the car adequately for a daily driver, I am going to buy new drums, and premium shoes. For the time being, I cleaned everything, and installed the new wheel cylinders. New drums, and best shoes, should help it stop even better. Lord knows when the drums were turned last, or what quality of shoes are on this thing.

I have a 76 feather duster same color as yours. Mine no longer has any of the /6 stuff but it dose have the alum. hood backing and the bumper backings. As best I can tell it has the original trunk lid but it has steel backing. Mine came with disc brakes.

As best I can tell it has the original trunk lid but it has steel backing.
Mine trunk lid appears OE, but it also has the steel bracing on the underside. I was concerned about the steel truck lid, but the other characteristics, plus the decoded option tag, makes me feel better about the authenticity of the Dart Lite.

-
Back