back to work on the 71

-

41husk

Reaction score
I am getting back to work on my 71 Duster. Got the engine bay cleaned blasted and primed. Going to change to front disc next. I think I have decided to go FM3 and call it the PMS build. Pink-Mopar-Stunner. Can anyone come up with something better for PMS? before pic

Attachments

• PA170015.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 445
for some reason it doesn't want to upload the pic of the car in primer. I guess I didn't do to good of a job and the computer is trying to save me some embarassment

I will try to post some pics as I go, but some won't upload

Attachments

• CarBQ 006.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 427
Thinking about Pecular Mopar shade (PMS) Or maybe Dark side Duster With thePink Floyd Darkside of the moon Pyramid painted someplace on it???? Long way from that point.

I got the Drum set up off on both sides, both sides of front suspension cleaned up Driver side disc spindles installed. Getting stuff done slowly but surely.

Attachments

• PB280020.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 367
Going to get the passenger side on today and maybe start pulling the axles for the 4"-4.5"

Attachments

• PB280020.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 376
Only problem with pink....if you ever decide to sell... not many people buy pink

it looks like your comming along nicely ! Was that a real 340 car originally? I love the 71's. I always thought they were the best year for the duster.

It was a 318 3 speed 4wheel manual drum brakes and manual steering. It will be a 340 4 speed power front disc and a may go with power steering if I can get my hands on a floor shift steering colum for power steering.

Got the rear axle and backing plates removed, just waiting for my new axles and backing plates to arrive.

Well busy weekend I got the axles in disc conversion complete and big bolt pattern Centerlines on the car. Got my Shark tooth grill and I am about 10-15 hours into restoration. I need to go down to Arkansas and pick up my 72 Duster parts car. I will post some pics later. need to put the other grill up for sale.

well it is supposed to get over 40 this weekend. these single digit temps don't motivate me much

-
Back