Back up light harness

-

70orangeswinger

Reaction score
I am in the process of reassembling a 68 Dart with an automatic trans and I discovered that the 2 wires that come out of the bulkhead connector for the reverse light switch are broken off and missing. Anyone have any ideas on how to replace/repair these wires? Thanks for reading.

The reverse lamp switch is inside the cab on 68 model. You'll find the connector near the steering column base either plugged into a column mounted switch or plugged into an extending harness going to a floor shifter switch.

I guess I am looking at the schematic wrong. I am missing the 2 wires that come out of the bulkhead connector furthest to the right, the top one and the one under it. Any ideas?

The bulk head connector far right is primarily the wiper motor harness connector. It has space available for other circuits so the factory poked a neutral safety switch connection and reverse lamp wires in it. These connections varied with automatic and manual trans builds until 1970.
if someone parting a later model was willing to put forth the effort they could carefully remove those 3 wires from bulkhead to 3 post neutral safety connector for you.

Being a 68 model car I dont think the neutral safety lead passed through the bulkhead connector for any build. That models single neutral safety wire went directly to the starter relay. Its routed along side of the light harness but not taped in. The reverse lamp wires for that model are inside the car unless it had a manual trans.
I haven't pulled out the schematics to see what you are seeing. Just stating from memory. Hope it helps

-
Back