back up lights question

-

swifter

Reaction score
So got the car out of storage and the back up lights don't work,4 speed car-so should there be power at the switch all the time????? The switch is located on back on trany with 2 wires going to it, I think there would be power all the time with the key on or off, bulbs look good , does reverse rod adjustment have something to do with this-thanks steve

doing a wild guess. my be it should have power from the ignition switch, powering the back up switch. feeding the back up light. just a guess. ill check my 1967 coronet factory service manual. be back after while.

Brake lights are hot at all times. Reverse lamps are not. They are hot at switch on, like turn signals, etc..

Yup. Year? Model? Reverse lamps go through ignition switch and FUSE PANEL this routing may vary from year to year. Routing also goes through bulkhead connector, so that might be a factor (bad connection)

Backup lamps is a 20 amp fuse also runs the radio, so make sure that fuse has power, with key on.

C and D of the bulkhead connector are where the switch wires come through the firewall

If you don't have a service manual, go here and download one:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1970088617

Attachments

• back.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 82
  • bulk.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 86
Got it and also have a couple service manuals first purchase after the cars were manuals--Thanks--Steve

I dunno if this helps you or not, but it might someone else checking in on this thread. A member posted this here and its pretty cool. Credit to whomever the member is LOL
Anyway its a "layered" pdf doc for 69 barracuda wiring. You can turn layers off and on to isolate the wiring. Open pdf and click on the "eyes" on the far left column. Pretty cool!

Attachments

• 69 Barracuda Factory Wiring REV 3 LAYERED.pdf
    129.6 KB · Views: 105
-
Back