Backing plates 7 1/4 - 8 3/4

-
8 3/4 has 5 mounting holes 7.25 has 4--- might be able to drill out the 5TH hole -- but I'm not sure

I tried this swap as I had read that you can do it. My experience was that after drilling the 5th hole things still didn't line up perfect. I would think that you would have to use all of the brake hardware that came with the 7 1/4 plates in any case.

If you are interested I have a set of used backing plates and new drums and shoes for an 8 3/4. The drums are drilled for 4" and 4 1/2" bolt patterns.

Jack

What are you asking for the 8 3/4 parts.If the other guy is not interested I may be interested.

Bobby

Coyote Jack said:
I tried this swap as I had read that you can do it. My experience was that after drilling the 5th hole things still didn't line up perfect. I would think that you would have to use all of the brake hardware that came with the 7 1/4 plates in any case.

If you are interested I have a set of used backing plates and new drums and shoes for an 8 3/4. The drums are drilled for 4" and 4 1/2" bolt patterns.

Jack

Jack I may take you up on your offer , I`ve just got to figure out this musical rearend swap. I`d like to put the large bolt axles in my 68-8.75 and then use the small bc axles I remove in another 8.75 housing that I`m swapping into a 67-7.25. I`ve just got to figure out what works with what first!

I should also add that these backing plates and drums are for the A-body axel that is offset a little different than the B's, C's and E's.

Jack

Hey Jack

Long time no see. I might have to hit ya up for those if these guys cant use them. Im fixing to make that same swap. I think Brett sent me the backing plates but i havent got any drums.

Hey Jack empty your PM box. Its full. Im good I got the backing plates and the 10" drums just need to MIC them out and see if the drums are any good.

Anyone got a good source for new drums??

chad72duster said:
Hey Jack

Long time no see. I might have to hit ya up for those if these guys cant use them. Im fixing to make that same swap. I think Brett sent me the backing plates but i havent got any drums.

Go for it Chad , I`m good with parts ,just seeking parking brake levers.

-
Back