Bad bog when i take off

-

PaDomino

Reaction score
1972 Duster 340 four speed. I can drop the clutch from anywhere between 2,000 to 4,7000. the car bogs for a few seconds. Does anyone know what could be causing the bog?

Kinda hard to diagnose a bog, over the internet. But in many cases, the secondaries are fully opened to early. Could be your timing, or the secondary adjustment.
Many questions...cam? stock engine/build? Ignition, MSD...?

Throwing this at you, so someone can help, and will likely ask these questions, so to help you diagnose your problem.

For a bump.

Ok. I am not sure on cam. No MSD ignition, not sure about engine....I bought off e-bay. Been bogging since I got it. It had 780 dual feed double pumper on it. It bogged, but once it took off, it took off. SUMMITT talked me into a 600 CFM because they said it was getting too much fuel with the 780. But it is still bogging. It handled the 780 after the bog, so I feel this car is built up some. But has always bogged on me.

What it the timing set at? You might need more initial timing like 17-20 degrees. If you do crank the timing up some will have to be removed from the distributor so you don't have too much total timing.

Start with the basics. Set the timing curve. If you're kind of new, read up on timing and buy and install a timing tape.

-
Back