bad luck week

-

Ptdartfreak

Mopar freak
Reaction score
to add to the list of things that have went wrong this week

I found out that the motor and tranny that came with the car were bad so i sold the tranny and the motor is at the machine shop pretty much as a door stop.

yesterday i Went to pick up a new 4 speed tranny. And it was missing everything he said it had and most of the parts that where there didnt match up. I drove all that way for nothing.

The motor that i traded for a extra rear end i had had to replace the 440 had two really bent pushrods and two broken rods. Damn near went through the block chunks of the block in the inside are also missing.

whats next?

0511101433a.jpg

0512101411a.jpg

0512101421b.jpg

That sucks, but I guess that you didn't try to turn it over by hand before you traded right? Lesson learned.

Don't take this the wrong way but do you know someone that is a veteran of buying/negotiating parts and building classic cars that you can turn to? Granted, what you are going through can be chalked up to lessons learned but if you have someone that can guide you, more than likely you will be less frustrated, lessen the bleed out of your wallet and advance your project quicker.

thats a very great idea GTXperience.. thats probably the best thing to do at this point. good luck Chad

gtx experience thanks for the advice

i made a trade with someone that was a good friend of my shop teacher and he said that if there was something wrong i could get my stuff back (he said this cause i asked)

he got his motor back

and he bought the rear end i had

the four speed i went to look at i didnt buy cause i saw that the gears were bad i pulled the cover and it was missing parts and had a diffent spline on the clutch

i couldnt tell my 440 engine was bad till i pulled the heads and took it to the machine shop

and once again the tranny that was in the car - i had to take the guy who sold me the cars word for it cause i couldnt pull it in the middle of a field

good advice but i honestly feel that i can handle the purchasing of a car

just seems the things that go wrong are what i cant telll till things are out and apart

i knew i took a risk buying someones project and it didnt work out for me

no hard feelings gtxexperience i tried to find these things but couldnt

gtx experience thanks for the advice

i made a trade with someone that was a good friend of my shop teacher and he said that if there was something wrong i could get my stuff back (he said this cause i asked)

he got his motor back

and he bought the rear end i had

the four speed i went to look at i didnt buy cause i saw that the gears were bad i pulled the cover and it was missing parts and had a diffent spline on the clutch

i couldnt tell my 440 engine was bad till i pulled the heads and took it to the machine shop

and once again the tranny that was in the car - i had to take the guy who sold me the cars word for it cause i couldnt pull it in the middle of a field

good advice but i honestly feel that i can handle the purchasing of a car

just seems the things that go wrong are what i cant telll till things are out and apart

i knew i took a risk buying someones project and it didnt work out for me

no hard feelings gtxexperience i tried to find these things but couldnt

That's where experience, negotiating and written contracts come into play. It's all about CYA (Covering Your ***).

-
Back