Bad member alert

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

73hcode

Reaction score
Well I guess I got scamed by member Rick Hughes if anyone knows him and can HELP me out I would appreciate it. I bought some parts paid with a money order and never received the parts. The address he gave was charleston West Virginia.

More details might be helpful. Like what you paid for. When you paid for it. Was it sold here?

(removed my info, I was going on the wrong username)

Ok I bought a front sway bar lower control arms and all mounting hardware he was on here last on February 13. If you look in the forum section on page 14 or 15 you will see his posts under Rick Hughes he posted a bbp upper and others he is using his name I guess now yes it was bought off here three weeks ago.

Have you sent him messages? Has he responded? Three weeks is not terribly long, especially if he's having bad weather, but if you've had no communication from him, that's not a good thing.

He was supposed to ship them out two weeks ago and that is the last communication I had with him I have sent him several pm's

Does his location say columbus, ohio? I might have dealt with this guy in the past few weeks.

so now we are talking about a guy who has been a member for 6 years, has 89 posts and NEGATIVE feedback

he wouldn't be on the top of my list of people I want to do business with but to be for, if he has what I need that might trump that anyway

it is a bad omen that there hasn't been any communication lately, specially since he has been online

Im on a forum for KDXs as well and there you can tell once a PM is read, that's a nice feature but I don't think we have that here

please provide more information-- what is the user name -- or better yet link the for sale ad you purchased the parts from.

The north east part of the country has been having horrible weather--
most of us are not Sherlock Holmes.
Lawrence

Yes, the link to the purchase would be good. We shouldn't have to pull information from you like pullin teeth if you want to try to resolve this.

Sorry to hear this 73Hcode, maybe things will work out. Maybe the seller is out of commission somehow. It can happen.

In case there are newbs reading this, payments made by money order should ONLY be used when dealing with someone you know, or trust. As in the case of the OP, he has no recourse in getting resolution. PayPal for me. They saved my bacon; they got me my money back from a bad seller.

Thanks big hammer he has been a member since 09 I just thought he was ok. I have pm'ed some other members and they have not had good experience with him but no one left feedback

Under his username below Rick Hughes in his profile it says 71dusterdude which that user is listed to be in Ohio, I looked at an old ad for a duster he was selling and in the ad it said he was in Pa. If its the same guy I'm not sure if he even knows where he is....

In case there are newbs reading this, payments made by money order should ONLY be used when dealing with someone you know, or trust. As in the case of the OP, he has no recourse in getting resolution. PayPal for me. They saved my bacon; they got me my money back from a bad seller.

PayPal is the best choice yes. Postal Money Orders are a safe recourse as well in most cases. If you buy something, pay with a postal money order, and get taken and can prove it, the postal inspectors will go after someone. A friend of mine used to do this exact job while he was a postal inspector. He caught and prosecuted a few people for fraud, internet fraud etc.

It's not the easiest task and there aren't any guarantees, but they will try.

PayPal, is obviously the best choice, I agree.

Under his username below Rick Hughes in his profile it says 71dusterdude which that user is listed to be in Ohio, I looked at an old ad for a duster he was selling and in the ad it said he was in Pa. If its the same guy I'm not sure if he even knows where he is....

Yeah, that's what I saw as well.

bought a STR-15 for $400 USPS money order. Guy stiffed me so I called him and he said he never got it, then I got the signature of someone cashing it. Finally said his roommate swiped it and cashed it. I got a fax of the signature and it wasnt his. Post Office agreed and refunded my money. Took 4 months and that was with HIS help so Paypal is the only game in town for me. Hey, the 3% surcharge is worth it (dont use free family money transfer as it doesnt cover your purchase). My opinion and story and I'm sticking with it. Good luck. Im still looking for a clown named Don Joslin that I sold a carb to years ago. I sent it, he didnt send the money and was too much of a pussy to answer his phone when I called his family looking for him "Who is this? uh.. he's not home right now..." He would be on the FBBO site if any as he owned a Roadrunner. OK rant over.

Yes. When someone fails to produce products paid for with a postal money order, that's mail fraud. A FEDERAL crime.

I left the negative feedback today.

I see that now
when I first glanced at it I didn't see the negative feedback listed in the last 12 months so I presumed it was older, never occurred to me it might have been newer

Well I guess I got scamed by member Rick Hughes if anyone knows him and can HELP me out I would appreciate it. I bought some parts paid with a money order and never received the parts. The address he gave was charleston West Virginia.

So, did you pay with a POSTAL money order? Sounds like there may be help available if you did.

Well believe it or not I did pay with a postal money order and have the receipt so it might turn out ok if not well just chalk it up to experience thanks guys yall have made me feel better already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back