Bad news for the CA central Valley

-

drp2671

Reaction score
Wow, its gonna suck to have an old car in California. I live far enough north that most of these crazy testing laws don't apply yet.

Wow, its gonna suck to have an old car in California. I live far enough north that most of these crazy testing laws don't apply yet.

Well if the environmentalist get their way it'll pretty much SUCK to have any kind of car in CA!

In Salem, Oregon we do not have ANY DEQ tests. We still are not safe to pump our own gas but we do not have any test labs to bribe!

And California is the tail that wags the dog for several other states including Colorado when it comes to emission laws, I heard a rumor that collectors plated cars in Colorado may soon have to pass emissions test because the brain trust feels that older cars are causing the brown cloud over Denver. Couldn't be the tons(and I mean TONS) of sand, salt and magnesium chloride that is spread on the roads making dust, could it? Bastards!

And California is the tail that wags the dog for several other states including Colorado when it comes to emission laws, I heard a rumor that collectors plated cars in Colorado may soon have to pass emissions test because the brain trust feels that older cars are causing the brown cloud over Denver. Couldn't be the tons(and I mean TONS) of sand, salt and magnesium chloride that is spread on the roads making dust, could it? Bastards!

Aint that the truth! Plus there's at least 10 times as many diesels on the road as there are old muscle cars, but yet they are still exempted, even from this new law they're trying to pass!! :wack:not that I have anything against diesels mind you....

Should I pull my 1972 Kawasaki 500 out of the dining room and register it out there and show them what air pollution really looks like?????????
I bought in new and drag (and street) raced it for 4 years. Sold it in 76 and got it back in 2004 in pieces. Had been apart since 1978.
I would ask the sponsers of that bill what kind of bicycle do THEY ride.

1972Kaw-June1976.jpg

p5231532.jpg

I suggest that everyone write to Sentor Florez (don't do any name-calling or swearing - it kills your credibility) and express your opposition to this bill. Here is his website

http://dist16.casen.govoffice.com/

He's tried something similar before. He's obviously going after the "green" vote.

When will this absurd obsession with being "green" end?

It's not an obsession(being green) it's a religion, where is a good exorcist when ya need one.

Even if this shady law were to even pass, which it probably won't, all of us who have significantly modified our vehicles with different heads, bigger cams, ect will have to be exempted somehow. They cannot in anyways force us to throw our money away and go back to stock in order to pass a test like this. There would have to be some kind of special condition exemption.

As for global warming, sure its happening.......BUT IT IS A NORMAL TWENTY THOUSAND YEAR CYCLE!!!! The hole in the ozone has actually closed up in the past 5-10 years. I wish some other money loaded politician would come in (or at least someone high profile) and play devils advocate and argue the other side, which has very valid points. The problem is, the people have been brainwashed into believing that cars are mainly the cause, and not other scientific causes.

This is pure ignorance. Remember, the "green" scientists probably express their "opinions" as well.

I was watching a program in opposition to the whole global warming hype. It contained a message from the CEO and founder of the Weather Channnel. In short, he was stating what crap all of this global warming hype is about and that he diagrees with the majority of things you hear about it.

Unfortunately 60 minutes is having al gore on this week again, where he's gonna say anyone who doesn't believe in man-made global warming are a fringe minority like the flat earth people were and like the kooks who don't believe we went to the moon.

He's announcing the start of a $300 million ad campaign about global warming.

If we are just a fringe group why does he need a 300 million dollar campaign to convince us....what a fraud.

I think its more like a $300 million brain washing campaign...

Unfortunately 60 minutes is having al gore on this week again, where he's gonna say anyone who doesn't believe in man-made global warming are a fringe minority like the flat earth people were and like the kooks who don't believe we went to the moon.

He's announcing the start of a $300 million ad campaign about global warming.

If we are just a fringe group why does he need a 300 million dollar campaign to convince us....what a fraud.

I think its more like a $300 million brain washing campaign...

That is not far from the truth. There are lots of facts on "our side" that are not being promoted. I admit that the guy is going above the call of duty to stand up for what he believes in, but the propoganda and whatnot is perposterous.

He is also quite the hypocrit as well. Do think he rides around in economy cars? Hell no, he is riding around in big gas sucking limos and his electric bill is one of the highest in the region of his residence. I say its a farce and one should practice what one preaches.

Ok, I dont like to be opinionated, like that campaign seems to be full of, so I will just silently watch now.

Even if this shady law were to even pass, which it probably won't, all of us who have significantly modified our vehicles with different heads, bigger cams, ect will have to be exempted somehow. They cannot in anyways force us to throw our money away and go back to stock in order to pass a test like this. There would have to be some kind of special condition exemption.

What makes you think they care about what you spent on your car? They can and will make you change it back if the law passes. How are you going to fight it after the fact? NOW is the time to fight it! You know that little statement in the Summit catalog about "Not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled motor vehicles"? That will come into play if this passes.

The only thing that Al Gore is into is keeping HIS NAME and HIS AGENDA in the news.
He (like a whole bunch of other knee jerk do-gooders) tell us to ride bikes or take public transport everywhere but it is ok for them to fly back across the country in private jets on somebody else's dime.
If I took a bus to work (9) miles I would have to WALK almost 2 miles to a bus stop, take 3 different busses that would drop me off right at the front door....in just a bit less than 2 hours.
I think that I will take the 15 minutes and drive to work.

That sucks, whatever California does eventually end up north of the 49th in some form. The only saving grace is that they can only make you spend so much here and then they give you a conditional pass on the emissions test. Write your Congressman quick and get that damn law stopped!!! :)

........I just composed a letter to my Senator voicing my displeasure for this Bill urging him to vote NO on SB 1549 (the same Senator Florez tried to get SB708 passed almost 5 years ago with a similar angle). I emailed my letter to him (as I did 5 years ago) and will be faxing it to both the District Office and the Capitol Office tomorrow, since a hard copy is worth 10 electronic copies in their eyes.

What are YOU doing?

:read2:

What makes you think they care about what you spent on your car? They can and will make you change it back if the law passes. How are you going to fight it after the fact? NOW is the time to fight it! You know that little statement in the Summit catalog about "Not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled motor vehicles"? That will come into play if this passes.

Ummmm, I think I already am trying, sir, so no worries there. YOu can bet the aftermarket will not let it happen, though.

As far as the parts not suitable for use in pollution controlled vehicles, I believe they are applied to cars that are -currently- subject to testing, ie 1976 and newer vehicles. Really, before that, the only real pollution control devices used are an EGR from 1973 on, smog pumps 74 and on, and a charcoal canister that really is not a performance killer. The point is, sure the parts cant be used in pollution controlled vehicles, but the people with pre 75 cars who have the opportunity to add aftermarket components will be lowballed saying that they need to follow this, when really, we didnt have to with no smog testing.

And if they did even after all of the protesting pass this law and wanted us to go back to stock, we wouldnt just lie down and let them do it now would we? It would be pure ignorance on their part to reverse something without some kind of recognition to those who already added aftermarket items.

But the key is to prevent this from happening in the first place and say this :)thebirdm:) to those who think us 5% or less who drive old and modified cars make all of the pollution. They need to prove their statements, otherwise, its fictional crap.

i joined sema last year. everytime something like this comes out, sema lets us know. i already sent my letter. i send em for everything that comes out. be it for off-roading, other states, whatever i send them the same day i get my letter from sema.

JOIN SEMA! ITS FREE!

-
Back