Bad news, good news, bad news, good news

-

plum crazy dart

Reaction score
Bad news: So I didn't get the tow truck driving job I applied for because their Dr would only give me a DOT card good for 90 days. So they told me they had another position they'd like to offer me. I went in to talk to them today. Good news: They offered me a position doing battery/tire service. I took it because I need a job and beggars can't be choosers. The pay's not great but unemployment is running out. I am grateful they offered me this position because they could have just told me I didn't meet their qualifications for tow truck driver. After talking with HR they sent me to see the service manager again. He told me he was hoping I'd accept because he really likes my work history (18 yrs same employer 24 yrs driving with a CDL) He's a car guy, has an olds and a pontiac, was real impressed with the gtx when he saw it the first time I met him. He introduced me to another guy (forgot his title) and the guy says to me, oh are you the guy with the gtx. I said yes and he says, I've seen you around agawam.. well actually I've heard you. I laughed and said I'm sure you did. (I run open cut outs all the time)

Bad news: I get in the dd tonight to go out start it, put in reverse as I'm stepping on the brake and the pedal goes to the floor and I almost back out into the street. Open hood and fill m/c get back in and pedal goes to the floor. Crap crap crap now when it stops raining I've gotta get under it.
Good news: At least it happened in my driveway, could have happened approaching a busy intersection.

Is it saturday yet??? :D

Congrats on the job!!! And good luck with the brakes!

Congratulations on a new job. I bet you end up in the tow truck anyway before it is over. It is a new day and once the brakes are fixed it should be a great day.

-
Back