Bad start to the weekend

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Went to work Friday morning. Slipped on the ice and slammed the back of my head on the parking lot. Went to the hospital to see if I had a concussion. They took 10 X rays. Was in a neck brace for 4 hours. My neck and shoulders still hurt pretty bad. My head seem’s ok. I see the doc tomorrow and will see what he has to say. Kim.

Holy **** Kim. That is a vicious injury. I know a man whose life changed forever due to the same event. Be careful. I hope you have the right people looking after you.

Shoulda bought a lottery ticket while your luck held.....
Hoping for a full recovery.

hope you recover quickly, reading that hurt me because I know what a sweetie you are and you didn't need that.

Keep us posted on your progress to feeling better.

Wow....hope you're ok Kim! There's been quite a few slips and falls here lately. My friend fell off a step ladder in his machine shop and hit his big lathe on the way down. Broke 3 ribs and a shoulder bone! Hope you get well soon.

Sorry to learn of this. Be SURE to get a thorough checkout and followup. Don't need a slow bleed to cause an unforeseen issue.

Sorry to read Kim, get checked out thoroughly! I slipped and went arse send up like you, last year on a set of flagstone steps. No head crack thankfully, just a cut on arm and embarrassment lol.
Be well.

I sure do not miss slipping on the Ohio ice.

I'm getting painfully aware of the increase in healing time as I get older.

GWS

Wow....hope you're ok Kim! There's been quite a few slips and falls here lately. My friend fell off a step ladder in his machine shop and hit his big lathe on the way down. Broke 3 ribs and a shoulder bone! Hope you get well soon.
Ladders and men over 50 not a good combination

Any updates?
I just ran across this thread today.
I'm sorry to hear about your injury, Kim.
Hope you have a speedy and full recovery...

Having been through a couple falls on ice and one really bad one from an extension ladder, I can truly relate. Hope you are doing well and listen to the doctors.

Dan man. I missed this somehow. Hope you recover quickly.

man , sorry to hear about your fall and injury , well that's one way to get to go home sick with the bosses wishing to get better . hope you get to feeling better soon . pm

I worked for 7 weeks with my right leg in a brace and on crutches :lol: Told my boss he had to guarantee me 40 hrs/week to beat the SDI $ :lol: Good thing I wasn't takin' the pain killers prescribed for me, could have led to a lot of messed up loads of asphalt :rofl:

-
Back