Bada$$

-

4mulaSvaliant

Reaction score
Ok so I have had a flip top cap from a Cuda on my Valiant for a while and I must admit even though it didnt look bad it was on there in a kinda ghetto way. So for a while now I have been waiting for a friend of mine to machine a peice of Delrin that would make a nice clean fit for the Cap. Here it is and I think it turned out sweet!

Gas cap 001.jpg

Gas cap 002.jpg

Gas cap 003.jpg

Gas cap 004.jpg

Gas cap 005.jpg

Gas cap 006.jpg

Gas cap 007.jpg

Gas cap 008.jpg

Nice work!!:rock:

You are going to enjoy that cap:cheers:
Looks Really bad A$$ to me to 4mulaSvaliant=D>

Any chance your friend is willing to make more of those Delrin pieces? That would make adding the flip-top to my Dart quite a bit easier. Looks good by the way, I'm looking forward to putting the flip-top on mine.

I love seeing well made, one off fabricated pieces!

Give your Buddy props: nice work!

Any chance your friend is willing to make more of those Delrin pieces? That would make adding the flip-top to my Dart quite a bit easier. Looks good by the way, I'm looking forward to putting the flip-top on mine.

I agree. The previous owner of my dart combined a flip top cap with a stock twist off cap. It looks OK, but has scratched the paint around the edges several times. No big deal, but it really isn't functional.

I agree he did a great job. He is a hell of a machinest. I designed this real simple peice and gave him a drawing and WaLa! The fit and function is perfect! The spring loaded seal makes good contct and there is just enough pressure on the spring that when you release it, it pops open nicely. As you can see it sits perfectly flush with the body but its a couple thou. off so it doesnt scratch paint. Needless to say I am very pleased with it. I bet you I messed with that thing for a half hour just inspecting it! Funny thing is, it only took about 3 min. to install it! LOL
As for making more, sorry guys I wish I could pass on the benifits of this but its kinda a special deal to me only. However I am more than willing to give a quality shop drawing that you can take to a machinest. It is a very simple part, so price shouldnt be bad at most places. Thx for the comments guys.

similar its more dense. I used it vs. aluminum, because I didnt want to have to paint the spacer. If you place raw aluminum and steel together they will cause corrosion, so I figured a non-metalic material would be best.

if you could email me a copy of the dimensions for the spacer I'd appreciate it, I'm going to do the same thing to mine. I salvaged the recessed area from a junk cuda 1/4 panel, and might have that welded in, but htis would be easier!
Ever thought about copying your guage pod? It would be a lot cheaper than having my dash redone by just dashes with their molded in dash pod....let me know what you think about it!
Thanks,
[email protected]

if you could email me a copy of the dimensions for the spacer I'd appreciate it, I'm going to do the same thing to mine. I salvaged the recessed area from a junk cuda 1/4 panel, and might have that welded in, but htis would be easier!
Ever thought about copying your guage pod? It would be a lot cheaper than having my dash redone by just dashes with their molded in dash pod....let me know what you think about it!
Thanks,
[email protected]

Check your email!:cheers:

Oops forgot to mention the gauge pod. Well, as far as copying it, I dont know if Ill go through the trouble of all that however, I guess I could make another, but Ill be honest with you there are plenty of hours in that. Just guessing but it has to be around 30-35 hours. Mainly because all the fitting to get it just right. I will say that I am not totaly opposed to making another now that I have done it, Im sure the time will come down. PM me if you want to discuss this any further. Oh and I can shape it differently if you have something in mind as well. It just takes some creative thinking for mounting it with out destroying the car, or making it visible.

-
Back