Badguy Alert Moparcrazy

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, obviously the transaction occurred a while back, and the seller has the right to assume if no negative feedback is received within a reasonable timeframe that the sale is completed to the buyer's satisfaction. In business, a timeframe is normally stated and agreed upon prior to the receipt of the product. In a private sale, the formality of a written contract is not likely, and both parties by not stating conditions of sale, are actually implying them. Reason allows for a couple of weeks for the buyer to ensure that the product is worthy of use and as described during the transaction. This puts the onus on the buyer to inspect the product and either accept or decline it based on condition.

To me, it seems that superdart maybe has little or limited knowledge of what constitutes serious damage to an aluminum intake, found out long after the fact that it is seriously flawed, and now is trying to receive a refund.

Unfortunately, the onus was on him to inspect the product within a reasonable time frame, and he did not.

Regardless of condition of product, omission of full disclosure on part condition, knowledge of said defect, the transaction is complete.

Caveat emptor

Grant

OK, obviously the transaction occurred a while back, and the seller has the right to assume if no negative feedback is received within a reasonable timeframe that the sale is completed to the buyer's satisfaction. In business, a timeframe is normally stated and agreed upon prior to the receipt of the product. In a private sale, the formality of a written contract is not likely, and both parties by not stating conditions of sale, are actually implying them. Reason allows for a couple of weeks for the buyer to ensure that the product is worthy of use and as described during the transaction. This puts the onus on the buyer to inspect the product and either accept or decline it based on condition.

To me, it seems that superdart maybe has little or limited knowledge of what constitutes serious damage to an aluminum intake, found out long after the fact that it is seriously flawed, and now is trying to receive a refund.

Unfortunately, the onus was on him to inspect the product within a reasonable time frame, and he did not.

Regardless of condition of product, omission of full disclosure on part condition, knowledge of said defect, the transaction is complete.

Caveat emptor

Grant

I will agree that for Superdart340 the law is probably won't be on his side this time but that doesn't absolve Moparcrazy of his actions in selling a compromised manifold without proper disclosure.
As for Superdart340, it appears that from photograhic evidence that the manifold was "out of the box" long before he had indicated and he should have been aware of the condition of the manifold. I for one cannot believe that Superdart340 cannot determine or know the condition of an manifold with all the experience this member has in selling many parts.
For a resolve,
Moparcrazy should refund Superdart340 money.
Superdart340 should admit he was less that candid with the members of this
board and apologize for his actions.

Al

Sorry plumcrazy, have to disagree on this one. Ignorance on the part of the buyer (if that is the case) does not warrant obligation on the seller to reopen the transaction.

However, if the buyer responded in a reasonable timeframe, than the seller should be obligated to refund purchase price, and if he/she were conscientious, the shipping.

It is possible that the seller was not aware that the defect was more than cosmetic either. Do they then have the right to claim refund from whom they purchased it from?

Grant

I will agree that for Superdart340 the law is probably won't be on his side this time but that doesn't absolve Moparcrazy of his actions in selling a compromised manifold without proper disclosure.
As for Superdart340, it appears that from photograhic evidence that the manifold was "out of the box" long before he had indicated and he should have been aware of the condition of the manifold. I for one cannot believe that Superdart340 cannot determine or know the condition of an manifold with all the experience this member has in selling many parts.
For a resolve,
Moparcrazy should refund Superdart340 money.
Superdart340 should admit he was less that candid with the members of this
board and apologize for his actions.

Al

Sorry plumcrazy, have to disagree on this one. Ignorance on the part of the buyer (if that is the case) does not warrant obligation on the seller to reopen the transaction.

However, if the buyer responded in a reasonable timeframe, than the seller should be obligated to refund purchase price, and if he/she were conscientious, the shipping.

It is possible that the seller was not aware that the defect was more than cosmetic either. Do they then have the right to claim refund from whom they purchased it from?

Grant

As stated in my original post, the law wouldn't support Superdart but that doesn't absolve Moparcrazy of selling compromised parts from a moral or ethical standpoint.

Moparcrazy is a seasoned seller and I for one do not believe for one second that Moparcrazy didn't know the condition of the manifold, hence no photographs of the intake ports or a disclosure of the true condition of the intake.

Moparcrazy deliberately, in my opinion, deceived the buyer and should refund Superdart340 his money based solely on moral and ethical conduct, perception by fellow members of this board and his consicience

Moparcrazy deliberately, in my opinion, deceived the buyer and should refund Superdart340 his money based solely on moral and ethical conduct, perception by fellow members of this board and his consicience

On this I agree, but it still has nothing to do with his obligation to do so.

Grant

As many parts as these two buy and sell you would think they know what condition the parts truly are, and would inspect the part coming and going. I think blame is equal on this one! Call it a wash and get on with your life!

John D. Beckerley

guys to be honest the intake was taken out of the box put on the motor for a pic and put back in the box it was not inspected and i did not see the damage at that time honest mistake. the bag put back on the motor .i sold the motor and gave the buyer the box with the intake... on 3/9 he contacted me and told me about the damage and wanted another intake cause one was included in the deal so i gave him the weiand dual plane i bought for mr 340 swinger 2 weeks ago on here my mistake of not checking the first time was an honest one if u guys feel i did something wrong than i'm up for the punishment.i am not a liar or cheat or shister i'm a guy just trying to sell my extra parts for projects i collected i don't peddel parts for a living like alot do i'm just trying to get my 2 mopars finished that is where i stand junk is still junk and not once since moparcrazy was notified has he offered to resolve and he has had 6 days to do that and has had my paypal address since day 1........superdart340

superdart340 you are a liar, and can not be trusted ! I have no reason to lie, i Did not Know that there was any Damage on that intake AT ALL ! PERIOD, weather you believe me or not i truly Don't give a S@#T you lied about this since day one when you first contacted me, and you just Continue to lie... "guys to be honest the intake was taken out of the box put on the motor for a pic and put back in the box it was not inspected"
this what you E-mailed me just six days ago... JAY I GOT THIS INTAKE FROM U ABOUT A MONTH AND A HALF OR SO AGO 85.00 SHIPPED WENT TO PUT THIS INTAKE ON TODAY AND THIS THING IS JUNK THE WATER JACKET HOLES ARE ATE OUT AND SOMEONE PUT BONDO IN THEM TO TRY TO MAKE THEM LOOK PERFECT I WOULD LIKE A REFUND OF MY 85.00 PLUS RETURN SHIPPING PLEASE SEND REFUND AND ADDRESS TO PAYPAL [email protected] AND I'LL GET THIS THING BACK TO YOU THANKS BOB
I don't know what to believe from you , Now how do i know that this is the intake that i sent you ? or that it was Even Damaged, How do i trust that you didn't damage it & are now trying to get your money back ! i have lost Complete trust in you, and in no way will i refund your money ! Never... But what I'm willing to do is Donate it to the site FABO.

PS REQUESTING TO LET SUPERDART340 & I MOPARCRAZY HANDEL THIS RIGHT HERE FOR ALL TO SEE WITH NO COMENTS FROM ANY ONE AGREED ?

For the love of god, moparcrazy just give him his money back. It is clear in the for sale pics of this intake that the thermostat area is rotted out.

superdart340, you made a bad situation far worse than it ever needed to be.

moparcrazy, you are truly ignorent, who would go out of their way to bad mouth someone over $85? either way, if you knew it was junk or not, just refund the money rather then beong a p***k!

you chose, the rest of us will sit back and watch your next mve...im sure your decision will affect FABO;s opinion of you....balls in your court

looks like a never ending thread

It will be ending very soon ... like now. Moparcrazy & Superdart340, I believe there has been enough back and forth to the point where most everyone has come to one conclusion or another re: your transaction. If you two work this out (with an agreed upon resolution) and both of you (not just one of you) want the forum to be updated, please contact me with that resolution and I will post it. Otherwise, I think we are done here. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back