Balancer recommendation: H116 pistons, 318 rods, cast crank, internal balance flywheel

-

greymouser7

Vagrant Vagabond “Veni Vidi Vici”
Reaction score
360 build
I am looking in the SBM forum threads, but just don’t know enough. What works better for the machinist for balancing?

With the above parts, & a machinist that is going to balance the assembly, what harmonic balancer would you guys recommend? (Manual transmission) internal balanced flywheel

Buy him an external balance or internal balance harmonic balancer or is there one sold that he can add a little weight to?

???

Thanks!!!!

<<the previous/1st build I gave the machinist KB 107 + .060” pistons, 318 rods, cast 360 crank, & external balanced flywheel>> -so the machinist has BOTH flywheels for reference.

Professional Products 80012 comes with weights to bolt on to make it the right external imbalance to work with the 360. Least expensive decent damper that I am aware of. Not seeing 1 in stock and ship dates are 2 weeks out on Jegs and Summit but you might dig one up elsewhere.

if you have a or the 360 balanced.... it is not stock. 360 were ho.s 4 balance u balance u have no problems. balance all together is what mopar did not make. all great a lot off money but great.

Keep it externally balanced. Much more cost effective and it will be fine that way. IMO, you can go either way with the flex plate. The B&M piece with the bite out is nice, but the stock one will work FINE as long as you use a weighted converter. The B&M flex plate allows the use of a neutral converter, but I am unsure of the advantage there, other than the fact that you can use a converter for a 318, since they were all internally balanced.

if you have a or the 360 balanced.... it is not stock. 360 were ho.s 4 balance u balance u have no problems. balance all together is what mopar did not make. all great a lot off money but great.
What?!?!?!

-
Back