Ball joint adapters?

-

scampy72

Reaction score
Hey all, been a while since I've posted on here but have been lurking lately haha.

Finally getting back at working on my scamp after having to store it due to nowhere to work on it and looking at suspension stuff. I eventually want to go to a tubular coilover set up but for now really just want to drive my damn car. Shes been sitting there staring at me all sad.

Anyway want disc brakes and saw the doctor diff ball joint adapter sleeves and was wondering if anyone has used them?

Are they good? safe? Just street driving/ cruising for now with a magnum 5.2 going in. No racing but no doubt a street pull or 2 and a couple burnouts for good measure.

I was gonna go to the 73 and later UCAs but figure if these work then I can save the money to put toward the eventual tubular stuff.

TIA
Marc

There have been a few minor issues I've seen on thread engagement using the adaptors, but I haven't seen anyone with that issue in a long time. A lot of people here run the adaptors. And Cass is top notch, if you do encounter any issues just contact him and he'll sort it out.

Also, coil over conversions are a waste of money for most people. You can handle just as well or arguably better with upgraded components for your torsion bar suspension, and do so for significantly less money depending on the set up. The only thing you can accomplish with a coil over conversion that you can't do with a torsion bar set up is a rack and pinion. That's it.

My buddy has them on his 71 demon. The nut has a couple threads hanging in the air. Not ready to drive yet but I think he will change the arms. Kim

My buddy has them on his 71 demon. The nut has a couple threads hanging in the air. Not ready to drive yet but I think he will change the arms. Kim

Has he contacted DoctorDiff? Or was it one of the PirateJack kits that also includes adaptors?

He got the separate from somewhere. I can’t remember from where. Moog ball joints.

I'd let him know he should contact Cass @DoctorDiff regardless. The adaptors are safe, but like anything aftermarket they have things that can come up that have to be dealt with. Cass should be able to advise if what he's got going on is an issue and how to solve it if it is.

I'd let him know he should contact Cass @DoctorDiff regardless. The adaptors are safe, but like anything aftermarket they have things that can come up that have to be dealt with. Cass should be able to advise if what he's got going on is an issue and how to solve it if it is.
I’ll mention that to him. Thanks. Kim

There have been a few minor issues I've seen on thread engagement using the adaptors, but I haven't seen anyone with that issue in a long time. A lot of people here run the adaptors. And Cass is top notch, if you do encounter any issues just contact him and he'll sort it out.

Also, coil over conversions are a waste of money for most people. You can handle just as well or arguably better with upgraded components for your torsion bar suspension, and do so for significantly less money depending on the set up. The only thing you can accomplish with a coil over conversion that you can't do with a torsion bar set up is a rack and pinion. That's it.
I am wanting to run a rack and pinion and also get rid of the torsion bar cross member for added room to tuck things in. I'm eventually headed for top speed runs trying to join the 200mph club so I want everything tucked and will have a belly pan if I can for aero.

Thanks everyone

I am wanting to run a rack and pinion and also get rid of the torsion bar cross member for added room to tuck things in. I'm eventually headed for top speed runs trying to join the 200mph club so I want everything tucked and will have a belly pan if I can for aero.

Thanks everyone

Well thanks for the disagree!

Of course the Daytona’s and SuperBird’s ran 200+ mph with torsion bars and a regular old worm&ball steering box like 50+ years ago and they could still actually turn corners, but screw me right?

Well thanks for the disagree!

Of course the Daytona’s and SuperBird’s ran 200+ mph with torsion bars and a regular old worm&ball steering box like 50+ years ago and they could still actually turn corners, but screw me right?
Really man? You posted and I answered you. No need to get defensive. I simply explained why I want to go coil over. If you cant take getting disagreed not my fault.

-
Back