Ball Joint Boots

-

scatpakman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking for big ball joint boots. Anyone know where to get them? Which are the uppers/lowers.

5_13102G_v1_20110105.jpg

Last edited:
How well do these fit? Do they seal as well as the originals with the "spring" in the base? Years ago I RTVd some baby nipples to what was left after tearing them up with a pickle fork.

How well do these fit? Do they seal as well as the originals with the "spring" in the base? Years ago I RTVd some baby nipples to what was left after tearing them up with a pickle fork.
They fit, but no, they don't seal as well. You need to use the stickiest grease you can, because it will come out of the bottom.

I've used these with good results on the 1973 and later large ball joints. They fit NORS Moog uppers well, and can be persuaded onto the lowers. They're too big for the early ball joints. Measure and see if the dimensions match what you need.
New Replacement Rubber Ball Joint Boot for Moog K6145T & K8259 Style Ball Joints | eBay

The poly ones don’t fit as well as the ones that have a metal ring in the base, they will leak a bit around the bottom edge.

But, they do a good job of keeping dust and debris out of the ball joint. Better than a torn up boot will do. And the poly resists tearing better than the original rubber boots too. So I’d rather run the poly boots vs torn originals. Just an alternative to extend the life of the ball joint id the joint is good but the original boot is not.

Came here thinking someone had found a cheaper version of the Viper ACR Ball Joint heat Shield boots.

Speedway has the OE style large ball joint boots.

-
Back