Ball joints

-

Kikowillers

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm about to buy a set of lower and upper ball joints from Summit Racing, but I'm not sure they will fit a Dart with front drum brakes.

Could somebody have a look at the following items and let me know?

Lower ball joints - 101-10128, 101-10129
Upper ball joints - 101-10126

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,Mate. Went on the Summit website.Came up with a better price on lowers. Check out part numbers:AMGK7023,AMGK7021.Cheapest lowers,I could identify.The upper ball joints by application,all fit B /F bodies.IIRC,a larger ball joint.Kilo ,for the cost to ship,and duty taxes,I would use the toll free 1-800-230-3030 number.

I wont list my reasons for buying some parts from local retailers again. I only suggest you think about it. Good luck.

Local may not have his parts.

That being said, Rock Auto may have better selection & price if they ship overseas.

Buying locally is impossible for me unfortunately.

My main doubt is wether the lower ball joints are different for front disk or drum brakes. An info on that?

Cheers!

Yes, lower ball joints are different on your car between drum brakes, and disc brakes.
Drum brake ball joints attach to the spindle with 1/2 inch diameter bolts.
Disc brake ball joints attach to the spindle with 9 1/6 inch bolts.
So the only thing different between disc, and drum, brake lower ball joints is the diameter of the mounting bolt holes drilled in the ball joints.
Hope that helps you out.

Hope this helps answer your question about the lower ball joints for whatever your working on... Moog part numbers

Attachments

• lbj chart.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 236
Drum lower ball joint is different from disk ball joint. I can’t tell you just what the difference is though. It has been over forty years since I laid hands on a front drum brake Dart's ball joint. LOL Damn memory is slipping.

http://www.rockauto.com/
Look up: Dodge; Dart; 3.7; Suspension; ball joint. You will see several listings for both disk & drum brake equipped cars with photos. The difference may be as simple as attaching bolt size or spacing.
Rock auto has one of the easest parts house sites to navagate.

Drum lower ball joint is different from disk ball joint. I can’t tell you just what the difference is though. It has been over forty years since I laid hands on a front drum brake Dart's ball joint. LOL Damn memory is slipping.

http://www.rockauto.com/
Look up: Dodge; Dart; 3.7; Suspension; ball joint. You will see several listings for both disk & drum brake equipped cars with photos. The difference may be as simple as attaching bolt size or spacing.
Rock auto has one of the easest parts house sites to navagate.

Read my reply, two postings above this one.

-
Back