-
Status
Not open for further replies.

AussiePlymouths

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
OK, here is one that I don't think that I can source in Australia. I have a US built '63 Valiant Signet convert. The tailshaft (I think you blokes call them driveshafts?) Ball & Trunnion rubber boot is damaged - actually it's absolutely buggered!
Can anyone direct me as to where I might buy one over there please? Maybe a rebop or has someone a good used one (eh?).
This is the first car I have had with B&T except my P15 Plymouth and I changed that to a Hardie Spicer as soon as I got it. Any help appreciated - thanks
Gary

I bought a reproduction boot and metal band on e-bay a year ago. I think the cost was about $40. If they don't have them anymore, PM me and I'll sell you the one I have, as I converted and no longer need it.

You can get the boot-and-clamp kit from www.oldmoparts.com . He officially doesn't support Mopars newer than '62, though many '62 parts fit newer years as well. The boot package you want is the one listed for '60-'62 Valiant and '61-'62 Lancer. This same boot was used on Australian RV1, SV1, AP5, and AP6 Valiants, so you may well be able to find it locally. You may also want to consider doing away with the ball-and-trunnion front joint altogether; see here.

I got mine for the 63 from the site Dan mentioned oldmoparts.com . It was very reasonably priced, about $25 if I remember. The company is located in Newton MA and they ship immediately.

As usual - you blokes blow me away!!!
Thanks for all the replies - much appreciated.
Yes Dan, I had previously read the thread for changing over to later uni but I'm happy with the B&T while it's working OK. It's just that it isn't going to stay working without another boot once the road crap gets into it. I believe from other threads that the boots are a bit of a wrestle to get on, but if they could do it in '63 we can do it now!
Thanks again to all respondents

Just grease the boots well, do it while it is warm and stretchy, and don't use any sharp tools and you'll do fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back