Votes: 6 10.9%
  • muscle car

Votes: 33 60.0%

• Total voters
-

tyler_s18

k-member
Reaction score
my blazer hit the hay this week so i am looking at my next dily driver. as much as i would love to drive the scamp it would kill me with gas so i am looking for the new wheels. price range up to about $6000. import, truck, suv anything just what would be the coolest lol. i like speed and could use hauling power and like to 4 wheel so anything goes. just will need to go on the freeway (75-95 mpg)post pics of your cheaper dds to if you have them:) thanks

older subaru wagon
why because they go anywhere. and you can put anything in em. My buddy uses one to 4wheel and hasen't got stuck yet.

i dp like the subarus my gf has a 93 and its a gr8 lil car. i have also been lookin at a 98 1500 cheby

94-01 Ram.

Mine is 1997. Club cab 2wd. 5.2 5 speed.
Carries the family if needed. With all the MPG tricks I can throw at it, it gets 18 daily, combo, and low 20's on highway.
Repairs have been minimal, and nothing that could not be accomplished on a Saturday afternoon.

Jeep :thumbrig: prefer a 4.0 in line :-k in a Cherokee or Comanche truck.
90 to 96 with low mileage and enjoy :cheers:

Mike is right, you can get a really nice Cherokee with 4.0L inline 6. The HO has 190 hp and tons of torque. Pretty good gas mileage, the quadratrac 4wd give the option of full time and part time 4wd plus a low range. Parts are cheap and availible everywhere.

I say get a nice old school VW Beetle and go German Look on it...

You can't beat simplicity, cheap maintanence, great gas mileage, and low cost insurance!

Jeep :thumbrig: prefer a 4.0 in line :-k in a Cherokee or Comanche truck.
90 to 96 with low mileage and enjoy :cheers:
im with mike,
i have had about 6 of these. they are reliable, they can haul a ton of stuff (ie engine parts, transmissions,tires, etc) the motors last forever, the cam sensor and tps are usually the only problems ever.. and the wheel like an sob for a stock vehicle!
and most importantly for me, you can get them CHEAP!
:supz:

I do agree with memike. I've owned a lot of the 4.0 inline 6's. Great motors. But I was going to suggest a slant 6 car. Now that is a terrific daily driver. GO /6. All the way.

I do agree with memike. I've owned a lot of the 4.0 inline 6's. Great motors. But I was going to suggest a slant 6 car. Now that is a terrific daily driver. GO /6. All the way.

Agreed! My 67 Dart is the best daily driver I have ever had!!! Any slant six or 318 a body(any mopar really!) would be a fine choice.

sweet:) keep up the opinions. with a old mopar /6 would it be able to go on the freeway good? i take the 100 mile trip from cheyenne to denver every week and have got it down to a hour to a hour and a half depending on traffic. i like goin that quick but for the right car i can change that lol

Are you kidding? My slant loves to Rev. I drive about 70-75 which is around 3000 rpm(the slants sweet spot) and she still has passing power even with the little 1 bbl.

wow sweet:) i had a 65 d100 with the slant 6 and truck 4 speed with granny low. it wouldnt go past 55 lol but with the right gears i dont doubt that

Bought my Dakota new in 1999: 318, auto, 4X4. Good power on the road, pulls my car trailers all day long...no complaints.

I second a /6 or 318 A-body. With a Super Six setup (BBD 2-bbl. + manifold) and a good exhaust system (single 3") you could get some great gas mileage while still having good power, especially if it's a manual transmission. Same if you put a small 4-bbl., mild fast-ramp cam, and dual exhaust on a 318.

ok:) i am likein the /6 idea. is there one for sale around the midwest? im in cheyenne and havent found one but maby someone knows of one

I second a /6 or 318 A-body. With a Super Six setup (BBD 2-bbl. + manifold) and a good exhaust system (single 3") you could get some great gas mileage while still having good power, especially if it's a manual transmission. Same if you put a small 4-bbl., mild fast-ramp cam, and dual exhaust on a 318.

While I agree on the super six,and upgrading the exhaust...I do not reccomend the 3 inch pipe. Its way to big for a stock slant with just a 2 bbl. Its also to big for a built slant with headers and a 4 bbl. You will not have enough back pressure,and will kill bottom end torque. Resulting in lower fuel economy,not to mention a nasty drone at higher RPM. I would say go with a single 2 1/4 inch pipe for a 2 bbl or 2 1/2 if you plan on some head work a cam and a 4 bbl.

Now if you want a turbo,stuff the biggest pipe you can fit under the chassis:snakeman:

that would be tight. i am gonna sell the blazer then it will be around 6000 i hope lol. i wont do payments i have enough bikes and friends that i wont get a car till i can pay cash

-
Back