Barn Find Survivor !!!

-

SleeperScamp

Reaction score
Picked this little unit up today in central Arkansas.... 1979 Prospector , 4x4 318 /727... Solid and straight....+ the steel wheels that it came with from the factory.....

DSC_4675.jpg

DSC_4673.jpg

Cool find. One of my buddies had a prospector in high school. We had too much fun in that truck. Dirt roads and a case of beer.

Thats a great find. I was able to find this "Survivor" 1972 D100, with 225 slant-6 / 3 on the tree on a ranch near by. It was posted on a 3X5 card on a bulletin board at the Ft Hood PX. When I saw that it said "original paint" I jumped at trying to see it. Now it's mine and these pictures are of it at the storage facility. It will be in the drive way this spring with Cragar S/S rims, Mickey Thompson tires, and a complete clean and wax. I had to buy it so it didn't become a work truck for someone that would trash it. It had been used as a ranch truck for the last 4 years and in that time had only been driven 400 miles. The body is very straight and rust free with all its trim in tact. Wish there was an old Dodge truck site like there is for "A-Bodies"!

000_1406.jpg

000_1407.jpg

those are both damn nice trucks.
i like the older sweptline series, i'm currently trying to get my hands on a 69 fargo utiline (stepside) that an old guy drives here.

heres a pic of a real rarity, i saw it at the hardware store... too bad its so beat up and rusted.

0523091251d.jpg

0523091251a_1.jpg

0523091251b.jpg

0523091251c.jpg

I really like that Top Hand. I hope it gets saved and not eventually scrapped!

Very nice Button !!!! That is a clean truck... Mine actually has some pretty good paint on everything but the roof... I have waxed it and its shining pretty good.... Plan on just painting the roof ..

I would wait out in the parking lot for the owner of that Top Hand... And either buy it or knock him in the head and steal it !!!!:-D

I am looking for some Hubcaps for it .... Original Dodge hubcaps that would have came on this Power Wagon.... Anybody have any ???

Sleeper, awesome find! What great looking truck. I really doubt that those are factory steel wheels. Factory steels on dodge trucks are ugly as sin and note that those wheels don't have the raised inner rim that a cap would fit on. I'm 99.999% sure that those are aftermarket steel wheels.

Button, another nice find! You might want to check out www.ramchargercentral.com

Sleeper, awesome find! What great looking truck. I really doubt that those are factory steel wheels. Factory steels on dodge trucks are ugly as sin and note that those wheels don't have the raised inner rim that a cap would fit on. I'm 99.999% sure that those are aftermarket steel wheels.

Button, another nice find! You might want to check out www.ramchargercentral.com

Yes , the ones on the truck are aftermarket wheels... He gave me the original steel wheels that came on the truck.. I am looking for Hubcaps for those wheels... I just like the factory look even though they are " ugly as sin " ...LOL :-D

Yes , the ones on the truck are aftermarket wheels... He gave me the original steel wheels that came on the truck.. I am looking for Hubcaps for those wheels... I just like the factory look even though they are " ugly as sin " ...LOL :-D

Aha! You might want to check out the link I posted above for button and look in the for sale section. Someone might have some. :)

SleeperScamp, if you dont find any caps for that truck, call Hubcap Kingdom in Tulsa Oklahoma, 918-622-2277. They have any cap you could ever want, I just got a set of really slick cop car dog dish caps for 20 bucks per, practically NOS condition.

-
Back