Barn Find!!!! Well not really......

-
What is the difference between the 42RH and the 46RH?
42rh is based on a 904
46rh is based on a 727

The 42 is slimmer and fits in the tunnel easier .

RH means its hydraulically controled
REs came next and require computer control.

Here she is. Stored for almost 35 years untouched, my wife's car from high school. We've been married for 32 years and life has just gotten in the way. Through all the ups and downs, I just couldn't think about getting rid of it. Retired now and gonna give it a shot. What would YOU do if it were yours???

View attachment 1716286503

View attachment 1716286504

View attachment 1716286505

View attachment 1716286506

View attachment 1716286507

View attachment 1716286508

View attachment 1716286509

View attachment 1716286511

View attachment 1716286512
Fix the wiring, safety items,Engine & trans in it & start drivin' it.

42rh is based on a 904
46rh is based on a 727

The 42 is slimmer and fits in the tunnel easier .

RH means its hydraulically controled
REs came next and require computer control.
those are lockup?

Yes… lock up .
Here is my fresh 46rh with Sonnax parts and Trans-Go shift kit.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I would put a mild 440 in it with a 727 for the sake of simplicity, but if I was really going for it I would put a 4 speed. Clean it well and polish what you can of the original paint, new carpet, redo the front seats, put a repro R/T hood on it and paint it flat black with rattle cans, add the rear R/T valance to be able to put the R/T dual exhaust and tips on it. Rebuild the front suspension, steering, and all the brakes and drive the snot out of it. A vintage air A/C would also be on my list so I could drive it comfortably any time of the year.

Here she is. Stored for almost 35 years untouched, my wife's car from high school. We've been married for 32 years and life has just gotten in the way. Through all the ups and downs, I just couldn't think about getting rid of it. Retired now and gonna give it a shot. What would YOU do if it were yours???

Make it a solid driver. Put in a 318/trans combo that makes sense. Make it safe...new shocks, replace all the bushings (control arms, leaf springs, sway bar), new brakes, probably a rebuilt booster and master.

Don't need any EFI, BB, stroker, four wheel disc stuff that will just be a headache.

DRIVE it!

View attachment 1716286503

View attachment 1716286504

View attachment 1716286505

View attachment 1716286506

View attachment 1716286507

View attachment 1716286508

View attachment 1716286509

View attachment 1716286511

View attachment 1716286512
It doesn't matter what other people who read your post want to do with your car, what do YOU want to do with your car? Do you want to cruise with it? Race it? Make it into a pavement ripper? Do you want it to be a comfortable vehicle to enjoy week nights, cruise-ins, car shows (mostly on weekends in most parts of the world) You mentioned if was your wife's car. What does SHE want it to become? What's your budget? Do you want a concours restoration? Do you want it to be safe and dependable? The "V8" emblem on the fender suggests it came with a 318. Does it have airconditioning? If you want to put a 383/440/426 engine in it, you need to change the torsion bars to handle the extra weight. Anybody who tells you that you don't need to do that is a moron. Chrysler increased the size of the torsion bar when there was an increase in engine size or the car had airconditioning. Don't believe me? Look it up in the parts book? Don't have a parts book? BUY ONE! Want to know more about your car? Buy the service manual and the factory parts book. Relying on second hand information is a complete waste of time and effort.

The sky is the limit depending on budget. It's a great car for resto no matter how far you want to take it. Guessing it has a 7.25 rear being a 70' 318 car.
Oh come on, they never put 7.25 in E bodys.

-
Back