Barometer is Dropping Like a Rock!

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
Looks like we may finally be getting some snow here. It's at 997 millibars (corrected) and dropping fast. I haven't seen it this low since I got this thing.

I've always meant to get a barometer and learn how to use it. Not so bad when it drops, but when the pressure rises, there are parts of my body I just want amputated. One of the prices of mis-spent youth.

it drops like a rock eh.....i guess youve been had and got one of them gm barometers too ..LOL !!!

Looks like we may finally be getting some snow here. It's at 997 millibars (corrected) and dropping fast. I haven't seen it this low since I got this thing.

What no snow in Denver?? We are always getting blasted by those damn Colorado lows up here! Good luck and think about it, Spring is only 4 months away.

That sucks Ram. Will have to call my daughter and see how she is doing. She lives in Rifle CO. Raining here today and they say it is going to snow tomaro.

We have warm temps (upper 60s) and rain coming off the Gulf today in southeast Texas. When the wind picks up down here off the Gulf, we know that someone up north will be catching Hell.

That sucks Ram. Will have to call my daughter and see how she is doing. She lives in Rifle CO. Raining here today and they say it is going to snow tomaro.

Is that a joke? You are getting snow?

I remember Johnny Carson talking about snow in Malibu once, he said their snowplow was a Porsche 911 with a spatula taped to the front.

We're supposed to get freezing rain & then snow. Weatherman said if you have any travel plans for Thursday or Friday you should rethink them or have a backup plan. And he's talking about 75 miles east of me. I know it's going to hit here before there.

Is that a joke? You are getting snow?

I remember Johnny Carson talking about snow in Malibu once, he said their snowplow was a Porsche 911 with a spatula taped to the front.

LOL! Ya we get snow in SoCal up in the mountains. I live at about 3500 foot and the town of Anza where I work is 4000 foot. We ski and every thing:toothy10:

Barometers at 993 millibars and holding. It was a great day today with highs in the 50's but the baro is reading way low. I think were going to get socked tommorow.

By the way, to my Canadian brothers, I just heard we're suppposed get a "Arctic Downswing" tommorow. That sounds like it's coming from Canada to me. :)

Burnt, winter storm warning from Utah into Colorado and that includes Rifle. Good excuse to call your daughter. :)

My elbow just cracked, we're in for it now.
LOL!

That's a sure fire way of telling..... when those bones get to hurting and popping.

Joe,, ever heard of this.

My boss has persimmon trees and I collected a handful of seeds and cut them in half.

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/blog/2007/08/31/winter-and-the-persimmon-seed/

http://www.persimmonpudding.com/cultural/weather.html

Oh yeah most of the seeds I cut was spoons..... we have had a snow already. So far so good!

LOL!

That's a sure fire way of telling..... when those bones get to hurting and popping.

Joe,, ever heard of this.

My boss has persimmon trees and I collected a handful of seeds and cut them in half.

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/blog/2007/08/31/winter-and-the-persimmon-seed/

http://www.persimmonpudding.com/cultural/weather.html

Oh yeah most of the seeds I cut was spoons..... we have had a snow already. So far so good!

Well I'll be dipped! :toothy10: I never heard that one before Ax. :read2: No persimmon trees here though or you know I'd be in the back yard checking that out. :cheers:

My elbow just cracked, we're in for it now.

:toothy10: No popping body parts yet here but give me ten years. It'll be interesting to see if the Springs get's it worse than Denver.

4flats, get one. Get a good one though. Once it's calibrated all you have to do watch it. It's a good fishing indicator too. PM me when you get one and I'll let you in on my "Fishing by the Barometer" secret, lol!

Quote it's here, By the way, to my Canadian brothers, I just heard we're suppposed get a "Arctic Downswing" tommorow. That sounds like it's coming from Canada to me.

Came in this afternoon, remember the snow I mentioned, should be heading east to south east by thursday and picking up speed and cold and snow and buildings and cars on it's way there.:toothy10:

Rent ya my snowblower!!!!!!!!!! NOT

Quote it's here, By the way, to my Canadian brothers, I just heard we're suppposed get a "Arctic Downswing" tommorow. That sounds like it's coming from Canada to me.

Came in this afternoon, remember the snow I mentioned, should be heading east to south east by thursday and picking up speed and cold and snow and buildings and cars on it's way there.:toothy10:

Rent ya my snowblower!!!!!!!!!! NOT

LMAO! Is your your snowblower big enough to handle the cars and buildings? 8) I take it this is payback for all the Colorado lows we send your way?

BTW, you need to get a movie of "Jake the Snow Eating Dog" and post it up.

Well I'll be dipped! :toothy10: I never heard that one before Ax. :read2: No persimmon trees here though or you know I'd be in the back yard checking that out. :cheers:

Yeah ... the little bastards are hard to cut in half.

-
Back