Barracuda Air Cleaner ?

-

Suregrip391

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if this is an original "original looking" air cleaner for my 67 273-4 Barracuda? Is this the commando style air cleaner? Any idea what they go for in good shape? This one is all dusty from storage. Thanks.

273aircleaner.JPG

273aircleaner2.JPG

This air cleaner assembly is found on 273 4bbl motors from 65-67 and is missing the center emblem cover to show engine size.Mrmopartech

looks good,
if the base doesn't fit your carb,
buy a small aftermarket air cleaner.{like a 9 or 10 inch universal}
here is my 64 Valiant,with 4bbl air cleaner

2549july_3rd_2005_Pittsfield_car_show_023-med.jpg

I have 2 of the same air-cleaners,for my 67 B-Cuda coupe. They both have the Commando decals on them. Are you in Cali ??, Mine do not have the fitting on them for the hose to the oil filler cap. They are like Cavemans. Maybe the hose is early polution control,from Cali. I thought that did not start till 1968. Just a thuoght. Yours does look like a 273 4-bbl air-cleaner tho.
I wuould post picks of mine but I am having no luck at it.
Dave C.

barracudadave67 said:
I have 2 of the same air-cleaners,for my 67 B-Cuda coupe. They both have the Commando decals on them. Are you in Cali ??, Mine do not have the fitting on them for the hose to the oil filler cap. They are like Cavemans. Maybe the hose is early polution control,from Cali. I thought that did not start till 1968. Just a thuoght. Yours does look like a 273 4-bbl air-cleaner tho.
I wuould post picks of mine but I am having no luck at it.
Dave C.

Hi Dave,
No, I am in NY. MY car did come from CA and I was told that this was original to my car, even the carb is CA spec'd shown in pics. I am not sure if its considered early or late for 67 but I do know that my car was built in Dec. of 1966. Thanks for the info.

:thumblef:

My Valiant was built in LA,CA.
The stock 2 bbl had the hose,too.

I found mine for sale on ebay,in California, Last year
with the hose, but the base wouldn't fit my carb.

I think I paid $40-50 + shipping for it,think shipping was 14$

{hint slant 6 air cleaners just might fit}hard to find a slant 6 chromed tho.;)

The air cleaner housing with the nipple,the hose, and the breather with the nipple are all part of the "CAS" or Cleaner Air Package that was available for the 273-4 Commando in Cali. Tha correct '67 CAS carburetor will be either 4304S(manual trans.) or 4305S(auto.trans.)

Darwin/BC/Canada
'67 Dart GT 'vert
273/904

-
Back